What's new

When did "Operation Crossbow" enter the public domain? (1 Viewer)

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I was at F.Y.E today buying some DVDs (FWIW, the ones I purchased were "Fatal Attraction", "Rock 'N' Roll High School" and "Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killler").

Anyway, I was looking at the discount DVDs (you know, the ones with big stars in very early, often small and short roles) and I saw several copies of "Operation Crossbow".

I saw this a few months ago on TCM. It had the TCM logo before it (the new one, not the multi-colored globe with that fanfare that my feet can't even be on the ground for) and the MGM logo at the front.

I would assume that this meant that Warner owns the title through their buy-out of the Turner library, but now I see this on a public domain DVD being sold in a major store.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

So how did this happen?

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I also presume rights are still owned by Warner as well.
Have been hoping that this appears on DVD soon.
Here in the UK it also regularly appears on TCM in letterboxed OAR (2.35), would love an anamorphic w/s version.
There have been a few copies for sale on ebay which I guess are just copies of the TCM transmission.

Edit : Have just checked on the website of a well known etailer based in Seattle and they are selling this.
Surely Warner would stop them if this is a bootleg ?
Also one of the UK based etailers I use for R1 stuff has listed this as a new release as well.

It was released by a company called Trinity Home Entertainment (never heard of them) yesterday 10th Jan with a srp of only $7.99, so likely to be vanilla p/s ?

I hope this will turn into another Final Countdown with the bootleg ? prompting a future official release of much higher quality.

Mattias_ka

Supporting Actor
Well, my LD have a bigger ratio than 2.35:1, so what is the real OAR?
It's a rather nice transfer, maybe a little soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks