What's new

What's up with Burger King? (1 Viewer)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I haven't paid much attention to what Burger King has been doing but did notice the Burger King in Branson, MO has closed down. I think it is probably a tired old concept and isn't likely to ever do very well again.

Chris

RyanAn

Screenwriter

Maybe it's a sign to give it up, because the stuff is not good for ya! Just kiddin' - no lecture here.

When I was in Chicago last night I definately did not remember seeing a BK, although Mickie-Dee's were a plenty.

In my town, the neighboorhood BK's are always giving discounts on the billboards, looks like they are desperate.

Miss the stuff, it's been 3 years since I've had it.

ry

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi

I have to say that Carl's Jr's 99 cent spicy chicken sandwich is the best of all the fast food places. And it's damn cheap!

~T

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Wikipedia BK factrs.

Burger King has more than 11,100 outlets in 65 countries and territories worldwide.
66% of Burger King's outlets are located in the United States.
In fiscal year 2002, the firm had US $11.3 billion in total sales.
Laid side by side, the number of WHOPPER® sandwiches sold annually would circle the globe five times.
Burger King buys 40 semi-truck loads of beef patties daily and 700 million pounds of fries every year.
Burger King is the world's second-largest fast-food restaurant chain, with over $11 billion annual sales.
It has more than 340,000 employees and sells about 2.4 billion hamburgers a year.
Burger King restaurants serve approximately 1,040 customers per restaurant, per day, or approximately 11.4 million customers daily.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
But there aren't any Carl's Jr locations east of the Mississippi, which makes their best-itude rather irrelevant in a thread about Chicago.:)

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

Nobody has said the franchise wasn't once flourishing. I would like to see the most recent fiscal year information to compare. Then compare that in five years to the 2010 data. I think the trend will be clear.

Chris

JamesED

Second Unit

Hardee's have been shutting down all over atleast Central Indiana. On the rare chance I'm near one in the morning, I'll still stop for a Frisco breakfast sandwich. Though, the last few times the service was terrible, but that store is closed now, too.

Colton

Supporting Actor
Haven't seen a BK in Oklahoma City in a long time. A few Carl's Jr's and Whattaburgers. I stopped eatting at BK when their Whoopers became smaller than a Big Mac - they used to be huge! Hard to compete with MickyDs these days.

- Colton

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I used to love BK. But, then they switched to those seasoned fries. And couldn't go back. They are nasty. And so are the buns they use know for their burgers. The taste like they put sugar in them to sweeten them.
Sad because their burgers are better than McD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks