What's new

What's the one system you never got any use out of? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The Number one system for me would have to be, Genesis. I got it for Turtles, Sonic, and Ghoules and Ghosts. That's it, no other games interested me enough to pick up.

The Second runner up is the Nintendo 64. 7 games Total. Zeldas, Mario 64, Shadows of the Empire(Wich really wasn't that interesting), Mrs.Pacman Maze Madness, Rouge Squadron, and Megaman 64.

Out of those 7, I'd probably only revisit 3. Mrs.Pac-Man, Rouge Squadron, and Mario 64. Was thinking of picking up Paper Mario, but havn't done so yet....

The rest, like Gameboy Color/GBA, I already have at least 30 titles. Gamecube I'm working on 7, with a few more coming down the line in November. The original Nes I have about 20, with constant reply value, once it gets fixed.

Anyone else buy a system that was supposed to be 'hot', and you found out it's not?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Playstation. Bought it twice -- the first time with RE, TM, and some sled racing game. Hated RE and TM, so I returned it. The second, time I bought it for FFVII. Hated it as well, and returned my second PSX.

Finally, I received one as a company bonus. Liked FF Tactics for a bit, but then it got tedious. Tried renting a few titles, but never got into it. I rented Tekken 3, Gran Turismo, and some other "must have" PSX games and none of them excited me at all. Has been collecting dust for well over a year now (it hasn't even been unpacked since I moved in June).

This is the main reason why I haven't gotten a PS2 -- I have consistently disliked every hyped up Playstation game.

Hanson

Neil M

Stunt Coordinator
I tend to get use out of all my systems. I still like to go back and play my old atari games. I've never regretted a system purchase and probably never will. Games are a different story. I like a wide variety of games so it's pretty easy to find games that I like for any system but there are occasionally games that I don't care for. The only way I'd probably regret buying a system would be if I bought a short lived system with very few games but I haven't done that so far.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I only really play a couple of games on my Jaguar, but those games are Tempest 2000 and Attack Of The Mutant Penguins - and T2K justifies a system purchase itself.

I'd have to say the Commodore 64 someone offloaded on me when they heard I liked vintage games and home computers. As much as it probably does have better graphics/sound than my beloved Atari 800XL, playing it just never seemed to feel right.

Oh, scratch that - the Virtual Boy. Mario Clash was fun for a while, but that beast is just too big a pain in the neck.

Leif Wall

Second Unit
Probably my GC or XBox. Bought my GC and then suddenly was completely disinterested in gaming. So I didn't play it again tell I got Mario Sunshine.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
I would have to say my worst system purchase was the Sega 32x. I only had three games for it (Star Wars, NBA Jam, and Virtua Racing). They were fun games, but the system wasn't supported and the Saturn showed up soon after. Now that was a hell of a system. :D

Allan Petersen

Stunt Coordinator
I sold my PSX less than 2 months after I purchased it. It just left me cold. I absolutely LOVE the handful of titles I own for my PS2, though. Go figure...
I'd like to get an X-Box but I'm holding off for Halo 2. If the console price wars continue the stores will soon be throwing PS2's, X-Boxes and Gamecubes in the general direction of any customer who looks even remotely interested. :D

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
The PSX would be on my list, except I enjoyed a number of games that were truly spectacular, notably Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, Grandia, and my precious Resident Evils. Worth the purchase for those titles, and very portable now.

N64 though has to be the most useless system ever. I never found any game on it that made me want to buy it with the exception of Zelda, but I couldn't justify a purchase for one game. I know people loved Goldeneye and Mario, but they just weren't doing it for me.

Which is ironic, considering how much I love the GameCube and the games I currently have for it. I own more titles for my PSOne than any system I've ever owned, but my Cube will definitely come in second.

Frederick

Second Unit
32X. We bought 2 games for it, Doom and Star Wars. That's it. Wait, I think we had some racing game, too. Virtua Racing. Everything else we played like crazy, and still do for the most part.

Freddy C.

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
For me it would have to be the N64... Tried Goldeneye, tried Shadows of the Empire, Rogue Squadron etc but nothing held my interest (I was already playing stuff like Counterstrike and Rogue Squadron on PC)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
N64 here, too. Bought it as the Episode 1 Racer pack, played that maybe 5 times. Bought Mario 64, played that a little, and that's about it. It's in my closet now.

I've bought and finished more games for the PS2 than any other system ever, I think. Probably has something to do with my discretionary income, but there really is a ton of stuff to play on that system.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
N64 for me. My favorite Game on it was Harvest Moon 64 (love those farming sims.) Besides, I was just PO'd half the time that I should have just gotten a PSX, especially since there was never a decent quality RPG for it.

As far as favorite, that would be my Dreamcast. xbox may become my favorite over time (Xbox live is sweet!)

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say the TG-16.
Though, to be honest, I only picked it up at a yard sale a couple of years back.

Every system that I've bought while it has still been in stores has seen some use.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
this thread makes me want to cry.

I picked a used jaguar from Ebay a couple years ago.
ugh, f_ing horrible games (except Tempest), awful controller.

second runner up would have to be the Sega Saturn.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, your post makes me cry :)
There's only console I've gotten more value out of than the Saturn - that's the DC ;)
I paid way too much for my Jaguar. I paid way too much for the games. Still had a lot of fun out of it.
I can't honestly think I've not gotten my money's worth out of any of the systems I own. Possibly the GBA.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I would probably say for me that the only system that I didn't really get a ton out of was my Genesis, since I bought it many years after Sega stopped supporting it. Basically I bought it so that I could play all of the Tecmo sports games again. :)
Other than that every system that I've had has gotten it's fair of gameplay all the way back from the Odyssey to my PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox today.
Glen

James D S

Screenwriter
Easy answer for me - N64. After I got Mario64 on launch day, it's been downhill ever since. While that game is on my short list of greatest games of all time, I haven't had much need to replay it in a while - I still fire up SMB 3 for the NES from time to time though.

It seems as though history is repeating itself a bit where Nintendo's concerned, but we'll wait and see.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Frederick, I think that was all the games released for 32x :) There was that Fireman game for 32X CD, ummm, a bunch of announced but never finished titles(including the hamster game that later became Monkey Ball for home systems with tweaking. It was released to Japanese arcades with big beachball sized trackballs)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks