What's new

What's the one system you never got any use out of? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
N64!!! Biggest let down for a console ever as far as I'm concerned. Mario 64 was the only game I truly enjoyed. I know Zelda was a big game for a lot of people, but to me it just wasn't any fun? the N64 just never turned out to be what I had hopd for.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
N64 for me as well. Loved Mario 64, Zelda, Shadows of the Empire, Rouge Squadron and Pilotwings 64 but the rest was total shit. It really sucks, too, because the system had so much potential, but Nintendo just couldn't get enough 3 party developers to make good games for it.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
N64 for me as well. Loved Mario 64, Zelda, Shadows of the Empire, Rouge Squadron and Pilotwings 64 but the rest total shit.
So these games are all total shit?
Conker, Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley, Robot On Wheels, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Sin & Punishment, Harvest Moon?
Man, I love broad sweeping generalisations ;) See, I can completely understand why someone would be dissappointed with the N64 library - there /were/ a shortage of third party releases for it... But to say it was /all/ shit? That's a bit extreme as far as I'm concerned.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
The only system I had regretted enough to get rid of was the 3DO. At time I was hooked on Doom for the PC and at the time had a 386 with 4MB of RAM. SO needless to say, it didn't run beautifully. When I heard about the 3DO and Playstation were coming out I opted for the 3DO because Doom was announced for that system. (Of course later it was released for PS) I bought the system and it came with a neat flying/shooting game...but when I bought Doom. I guess I should have been prepared when I read the "features" on the back of the box which included "a resizable screen option. Basically like the PC version you could lower the screen size to the size of a quarter to get better performance. And the reason for this is.....:angry: The game ran like a slide show at full screen:angry:
Another ting that really bothered me about it was, the version of Dragon's Lair for it had some different moves than it should.
I was certainly the worst $500 (for the system only) I had ever spent.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
all this love for the Jaguar and no love for the 64....
:frowning:

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
N64. I bought that system for Goldeneye and Mario Kart. That was the only two games that ever got played on it. Thank goodness I was able to sell it for the same price I paid for it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
all this love for the Jaguar and no love for the 64....
Tempest 2000 makes up for a lot. And, besides, we all tend to hedge our bets because we never got hold of a copy of Battlesphere.

What shocks me is the Virtual Boy's low representation. I guess that just means nobody else actually bought this paperweight.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I played with a Virtual Boy in Blockbuster when they came out and thought it was a major waste of plastic and silicon.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I've found that the reason most people don't like the N64 is because they didn't buy anything for it. I expanded my horizons a little bit and bought a bunch of games for it, pretty much all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. I guess you just need to experiment with it to get something out of it.

Then again, the same can be said for any console.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Damn, the 64 is getting no love:frowning:. It was definitely light on titles but the first and second party games made the system more than worth it for me! (I own about 15 games for it at the moment). Hell Mario Kart 64 was the ultimate party game at college for me. That game would have been enough:).
System I never got any use out of is by far the 32X. I bought the thing just to get Doom and I never bought another game for it. Sold it off a month or two later. Don't know what Sega was thinking with that one..

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I don't even remember the name of the system. It was a portable Sega device that shipped with Columns. That was the only game I ever played and it wasn't very good. I think it was called the Game Gear.

Second place would be SNES. I just couldn't get into any of the five-star games. In fact the only games I really remember playing was Super Star Wars and Super Bases Loaded.

Then there's the poor Dreamcast. While I only got a good amount of use from NBA 2K and Skies of Arcadia, those two games were without a doubt worth the cost of the system.

Pieter

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Man, I played the hell out of most of the systems that most people are saying that they didn't enjoy.
I really liked my N64 alot, from Mario 64 to Goldeneye to Mario Kart 64 to Tetrisphere (my wife and I still play this one a lot) to Mario Golf. I think I definately got quite a bit of life out of this one.
As far as the Dreamcast is concerned, Soul Calibur is a reason to own that system all by itself. It took a gamer like myself who didn't care one lick about fighting games and made me start trying to learn how to play them and learn how to be more than a button masher. Add in the NFL and NBA 2k series and they started to take away Madden's stranglehold on the sports gaming industry.
Just my thoughts. I think each person has their favorite systems. Mine would still be my NES. :) Can't go wrong with Tecmo Super Bowl, SMB 3, and NES Golf. :)
Glen

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Playstation. The console that made the world go crazy is really the console that softened my love and obsession for videogaming. Not that it was a bad console, far from it... What I got out of it I loved, some true classics there, but it made my feelings for games change somewhat. It was seen as the console to have, but I missed my Sega, and N64 games were rather expensive and few and far between.

Dan

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
N64 and SNES are my favourite systems. I've never enjoyed anything Sega or Sony have put out, and I don't even intend to try Microsoft. ;) I'm a Nintendo-boy, all the way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Philips CDi for me. What a turd of a system. My uncle had one of these when I used to live with him and damn if it didn't suck the big one. Not to mention it cost a lot of damn money at the time.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I bought an N64 just to play Zelda and sold it a couple weeks later. Nintendo continues to disappoint me. Next in line would be the Genesis, for which I owned only Sonic and Spiderman. I sold it about 3 months after purchase as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks