What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Today is the birthday of the Woman's International Little (Stinker) of the Century, one Kim Phuc CLS-SL (That's Certified Little (Stinker) - Stuff of Legends) the highest level awarded by the International Association of Little (Stinkers). :biggrin: She is one of three people who won this award on Y2K Night (That's December 31, 1999 for those of you in Rio Linda! :laugh: ). (The other two have birthdays on April 14 and April 23, respectively, which is why I.A.L.S. has designated April to be "Little (Stinker) Month". To commemorate Kim's Birthday I have taken the liberty of ordering the following from "The Big River":

1. Davey and Goliath - The Complete Series

2. Mill Creek's Mystery Classics "Shovelware" Box Set

3. Mill Creek's Dark Crimes "Shovelware" Box Set

4. Mill Creek's Iron Fist Frenzy "Shovelware" Box Set

When this package arrives at my house next week the number of TV episodes I own passes the :banana: 40,000 :rock: Mark, and the number of Movies I own will pass the :drum: 2,500 :dance: Mark! :dancing-banana-04:

BTW EVEN MORE DVDs will be purchased on April 14 and 23! :rolling-smiley:

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Regulus said:
Today is the birthday of the Woman's International Little (Stinker) of the Century, one Kim Phuc CLS-SL (That's Certified Little (Stinker) - Stuff of Legends) the highest level awarded by the International Association of Little (Stinkers). :biggrin: She is one of three people who won this award on Y2K Night (That's December 31, 1999 for those of you in Rio Linda! :laugh: ). (The other two have birthdays on April 14 and April 23, respectively, which is why I.A.L.S. has designated April to be "Little (Stinker) Month". To commemorate Kim's Birthday I have taken the liberty of ordering the following from "The Big River":

1. Davey and Goliath - The Complete Series

2. Mill Creek's Mystery Classics "Shovelware" Box Set

3. Mill Creek's Dark Crimes "Shovelware" Box Set

4. Mill Creek's Iron Fist Frenzy "Shovelware" Box Set

When this package arrives at my house next week the number of TV episodes I own passes the :banana: 40,000 :rock: Mark, and the number of Movies I own will pass the :drum: 2,500 :dance: Mark! :dancing-banana-04:

BTW EVEN MORE DVDs will be purchased on April 14 and 23! :rolling-smiley:
Hi Regulus,

I bought the Davy and Goliath Complete box set a couple of months ago. Great set, but with one peculiarity. All the discs are very high quality pressed silver discs EXCEPT disc 5 which is a DVD-R. I never seen that before - one DVD-R out of 12 . Check your set and let me know if it's the same . Other than that , I'm really enjoying it .

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Carabimero said:
Bob, there were a couple of straight-to-DVD SG-1 movies that are worth watching, especially the final one that wraps it all up.
I saw/read about those when I was placing the order for those last 2 seasons and almost picked them up. BUT... that series is almost a total blind-buy (I've only seen the movie that started it all) so I thought I'd at least watch some of the series before I decided on those movies. :)

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Hi Lou,

I purchased the Davy and Goliath 50th Anniversary set some time ago. There are twelve volumes/discs in the set and they are all pressed discs.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
LouA said:
Hi Regulus,

I bought the Davy and Goliath Complete box set a couple of months ago. Great set, but with one peculiarity. All the discs are very high quality pressed silver discs EXCEPT disc 5 which is a DVD-R. I never seen that before - one DVD-R out of 12 . Check your set and let me know if it's the same . Other than that , I'm really enjoying it .
As long as the video quality is good I'm happy. By the way the purchases I'm making on the 14 and the 23 of April are from Warner Archive, so I know they are DVD-R.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I currently have on Pre-Order the VCI Entertainment Blu-Ray of THE FLYING DEUCES; which includes Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy's December, 1954 THIS IS YOUR LIFE Television Appearance, complete with the Original Hazel Bishop Commercials!

By the way, the above comes highly recommended, and is not at all typical of the usual shabby looking Public Domain issues!

Paul Mular's Amazon Review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2FUFJMFXEZOV5/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?tag=skim0x95940-20&ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00TPN7DEO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2625373011&store=movies-tv

CHEERS! :)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
LouA said:
Hi Regulus,

All 12 disks are pressed.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Tony Bensley said:
I currently have on Pre-Order the VCI Entertainment Blu-Ray of THE FLYING DEUCES; which includes Stan Laurel & Oliver Hardy's December, 1954 THIS IS YOUR LIFE Television Appearance, complete with the Original Hazel Bishop Commercials!

By the way, the above comes highly recommended, and is not at all typical of the usual shabby looking Public Domain issues!

Paul Mular's Amazon Review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2FUFJMFXEZOV5/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?tag=skim0x95940-20&ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00TPN7DEO&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2625373011&store=movies-tv

Hi Tony ,

Even though I have the best quality DVD of this film , and I recently bought the colorized version, I'll get this . It's a favorite of mine .

Any news on Randy Skreveldt 's book on Laurel and Hardy ?

Lou

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Noble House, book and show, inspired me to move to Hong Kong in 1988. Exhausted when I arrived after a 17 hour flight, I blearily turned on the TV, and what was on? Noble House. :)

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Conan: The Adventurer (early 90s animated series) Picked up the 3 sets Shout! Factory issued. Enjoyed the 80s Sunbow series as a kid (GI Joe, Transformers, Jem, etc.) & I didn't catch this one so thought I'd check it out.

Looks like Shout! only released about half the series, unfortunately.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
In Honor of the birthday of The Men's International Little (Stinker) of the Century (Flavio DaSilva, depicted in the avatar), I relieved "The Big River" of Seasons 6 and 7 of The FBI. :biggrin:

My regular avatar returns at 12:01 AM Tomorrow. :laugh:

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
BobO'Link said:
The Universe - S1-S4 Megaset

Back to You - S1 (aka the complete series)
Hi Howie!

I always thought that BACK TO YOU was THE big casualty of the 2008 Writer's strike and never really had a fair chance at success for that reason! However, I suppose had it been more successful, we wouldn't have MODERN FAMILY (Ty Burrell, who played the hard luck on the scene reporter Gary Crezyzewski.) or THE MIDDLE (Patrica Heaton, who played News Co-Anchor Kelly Carr.), at least in the same form!

Some things are just not meant to be!

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks