What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Had my eye on that one for a while. Haven't actually watched the show in decades. Is the video quality pretty good?
Don't know - haven't opened it yet. It's likely to stay that way for months (we're in the process of moving so all media is being boxed/indexed). It's from Shout! so I expect it'll be as good as you're ever going to see and I've yet to be disappointed in PQ from a Shout! release.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
The 9th and 10th DVD seasons of Hawaii Five-0 (2010) finishing up that series. Started watching on the tenth anniversary (9/20/20) and watched one every week since. Half way through the 8th season.

By the way, does anyone know how many seasons were released with the cardboard slipcovers? Not all the seasons I have had one. Don't know if they were missing or never had one.
The original individual season DVD releases of Hawaii Five-0 have cardboard slipcovers for the 12 seasons, but starting with season 9, a change was made with regards to the inner packaging that houses the discs.

Seasons 1-8 have three plastic slim cases that house two discs each. Season 1 has seven discs so there is an extra slim case that houses the 7th disc.

Seasons 9-12 each have one plastic case that houses all the discs.

Last edited:

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
The original individual season DVD releases of Hawaii Five-0 have cardboard slipcovers for the 12 seasons, but starting with season 9, a change was made with regards to the inner packaging that houses the discs.

Seasons 1-8 have three plastic slim cases that house two discs each. Season 1 has seven discs so there is an extra slim case that houses the 7th disc.

Seasons 9-12 each have one plastic case that houses all the discs.
Yes, I have all those releases but here I was referring to the new Hawaii Five-0 hence the notation (2010) in my original post.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The Outer Limits S1 (for $34.99, courtesy of the current Kino sale)

ol1.jpg

The UFO Incident (Made for TV movie, plus Gary Gerani's feature-length documentary on the life and music of Billy Goldenberg)

ufo1.jpg

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
Get Smart (HBO Home Entertainment [originally HBO Video] all-in-one DVD of that hit 1965-70 NBC/CBS comedy w/Don Adams, Barbara Feldon et al.)...

View attachment 218239

View attachment 218240
Should have included the TV movie "Get Smart, Again" but I suppose there are the usual legal/rights issues. I have the movie on DVD from Kreative Digital Entertainment.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Ancient Aliens - S11-S18 box set to complete the series. I've been picking up this, often hilarious with its conjunctures and stretches of logic, SF/Documentary/History series as seasons drop in price. With Target's current B2G1 sale I snagged this set, which has the last seasons I needed to complete the series, for ~$36. Significantly less than had I purchased those remaining sets individually (due to season splitting that would have been 10 sets at ~$10/each). I'm not crazy about the case, which is an eco-pak with stacked disc pages (eco-paks are OK - stacked discs are not), but it's worth it for the significant savings.

The Big Valley - S3 & S4 for another series completed (also Target's B2G1 sale).

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I saw that, an amazing price for this series in this format. Enjoy it, it looks fantastic, the restoration is beautiful. The original film prints of second season opening credits have been lost, I'd read, so they are upscaled from SD, but the episodes themselves are fine. How and why they weren't actually attached to the episodes is unknown to me.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Get Smart (HBO Home Entertainment [originally HBO Video] all-in-one DVD of that hit 1965-70 NBC/CBS comedy w/Don Adams, Barbara Feldon et al.)...
Me too!! Finally replaced my old Get Smart series set with a new one. All the discs checked out as playable. I found that I"m not the only one who got the Kaos release the first time. None of the booby trapped discs worked so I'm safe. They just skipped or stopped, etc. Kaos! Missed me by "that much"!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks