1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dillon*G, Mar 9, 2004.

1. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    The Scarlet Pimpernel (1999) - Complete A&E Miniseries

2. Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel Screenwriter
    Supporter

Jeff Flugel
    Catching up on some 70s and 80s shows (plus a sampler for one 60s comedy):

Magnum P.I., Seasons 1 and 2
    The Six Million Dollar Man, Seasons 2 and 3
    Barnaby Jones, Season 1
    Hunter, Season 1
    McHale's Navy: 20 Timeless Episodes

3. Jasper70

Jasper70 Stunt Coordinator

Harold
    Just bought season two of The Goldbergs. Really enjoying this show, it has a great cast. I grew up in the 70’s and 80’s so a lot of it really takes me back.

Blimpoy06, Flashgear and Jeff Flugel like this.
  4. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    From Dec 2014

These are so darn good. I made it up to Full Circle which is the only one I'd seen. I was on the last disc last episode and it hung in all my players and PC. GrrrRRRrrr... just ordered another Full Circle.

Funny story, I got my mom this years back after seeing it on PBS. 2 years later it's still sitting on her shelf in plastic. Me: mom, did you like Michael Palin's Full Circle I got you 2 years ago? Mom: oh yes, it's wonderful!! ...I don't say nothing, but before I leave I see the set on her shelf with the plastic suddenly removed. :D She does this cause she LOOOOVES me. :D She did actually watch it and got detailed about what she likes. I have no doubt in my mind that she loved it. She wants to travel to many places before she can't. IN her 60s, after surviving breast cancer, she went to China twice and Israel. She's in 70s now had both her knees done. I hope she'll travel some more. These shows remind me of her.

Fav part of all his series so far (spoiler spoiler spoiler):

Palin watching a dog that just got his testicles clipped stumble away: "I know how this dog feels...." ROTFL

5. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    Timeless Media Group both-in-one of The Rebel (1959-61 ABC Western w/the late Nick Adams as Johnny Yuma)

6. Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel Screenwriter
    Supporter

Jeff Flugel
    Think you'll enjoy that show, Ben...it's a good one! Not all the episodes look great, but overall, I'm very happy with the presentation of the series - and the bonus documentary is pretty good, too.

7. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    I plan to-- you recommended it, and I'm sure it'll pay off!

Darby67 and Flashgear like this.
  8. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Lead Actor

Doug
    Pre-ordered the new Doctor Who Bluray of Tom Baker's first season as the Doctor (Season/series 12 contrary to what is on the set). Cheaper way to get all of the season as well as new bonus info, plus all of the older goodies :D ).

Blimpoy06, Jeff Flugel and Flashgear like this.
  9. Jeff Flugel

Jeff Flugel Screenwriter
    Supporter

Jeff Flugel
    Very interested in this set, and will be keeping an eye on reviews. Be sure to let us know what you make of the set when you get a chance to dig in, Doug.

Flashgear likes this.
  10. cherisland

cherisland Stunt Coordinator

Todd
    I finally snagged a copy of It Takes A Thief : The Complete series for $75 US (quite a deal!)

11. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Cinematographer

Pete
    Last night I came home to find out my roommate brought me home 3 new sets for my collection...

[​IMG]
    Sanford and Son: The Complete Series [​IMG]
    A hit with audiences and critics alike, Sanford And Son is the classic sitcom starring the outrageous comic genius Redd Foxx. A ratings smash, Sanford And Son received a Golden Globe win (Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series, Musical of Comedy, 1973) for Foxx.

South Central L.A. junk dealer Fred Sanford (Foxx) and his partner-in-grime, son Lamont (Demond Wilson), are constantly struggling to make ends meet, but Fred always has just one more get-rich-quick scheme up his sleeve, sometimes involving best friend Grady (Whitman Mayo). When he's not haggling over his empire of junk, he's sparring with his sister-in-law, the cantankerous, Bible-thumping Aunt Esther (LaWanda Page).

Nothing can get you out of the dumps like watching the hilarious exploits of Fred Sanford!

[​IMG]
    The Rockford Files: The Complete Series [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman: The Complete Series [​IMG]
    In an age when women were expected to be seen but not, heard, Dr. Michaela "Mike" Quinn (Jane Seymour) is an independent spirit who forsakes her home in genteel Boston for the rough-and-tumble life on the Western frontier. With a new family and mountain man Bryon Sully (Joe Lando) by her side, Quinn finds a new set of challenges-and rewards-in life as a pioneer.

Now for the first time, DR. QUINN, MEDICINE WOMAN: THE COMPLETE SERIES brings together all six critcally-acclaimed seasons and two feature-length movies of this groundbreaking historical drama. This unique collection traces the entire arc of Dr. Quinn's epic story, from her first step out of the stagecoach in Colorado Springs through the extraordinary romance between her and Sully, the expansion of their family, and the dramatic series finale. All 150 episodes feature unforgettable storylines and a rich cast of characters that bring the timeless themes of the Old West into vivid focus for modern viewers.

Acclaimed for both its painstaking historical authenticity and its ongoing contemporary relevance, the Emmy® Award-winning DR. QUINN, MEDICINE WOMAN: THE COMPLETE SERIES unites each and every moment of one of television's most celebrated family classics.

12. dana martin

dana martin Producer

Dana Martin
    this beast of a collection showed up today

upload_2018-5-2_13-58-12.

131 DVDS WITH ALL 1225 COMPLETE EPISODES
    DELUXE BOOKLET WITH EPISODE SUMMARIES & PHOTOGRAPHS
    SPECIAL BLOOPERS, TREASURES & BEHIND THE SCENES DVDS
    OVER 120 BONUS CAST & CREW VIDEO INTERVIEWS

looks like i am busy for a long time

13. bmasters9

bmasters9 Producer

Ben Masters
    I bet you'll be-- with as much stuff as is in the all-in-one of that 1966-71 ABC serial, no wonder it's so expensive!

14. dana martin

dana martin Producer

Dana Martin
    only complaint, no subtitles, been knocking out a lot of overtime at work, and always planed on getting this, don't think it is ever going to get much cheaper than it is right now, 40% off the original price at Amazon

15. Doug Wallen

Doug Wallen Lead Actor

Doug
  16. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    It was 40 years ago this weekend I went on my first solo road trip. I hopped on my bicycle and rode it from my home in Redford, Michigan to an upscale mall in Troy, Michigan, a round trip distance of 50 miles. :D I purchased a diamond stickpin (which I gave to my Mother as a Mother's Day gift) from Saks Fifth Avenue and a fancy kite for myself at F.A.O. Schwarz (I said this was an upscale mall) and had lunch a restaurant that specialized in crepes. Why did I do this? Why not! :laugh: The things I did on this trip became things I do today on all my trips out of town (Purchasing gifts and eating a fancy meal before returning home). To commemorate this little adventure I've relieved "The Big River" of the following:

Dogfights: The Complete Megaseries

Daredevils of the Red Circle

Monster and the Ape

Government Agents vs the Phantom Legion

Whispering Shadow

The Adventures of Smilin' Jack

Mystery Trooper

King of the Wild

The Vigilantes are Coming.

Why did I order these? Why Not! :rolling-smiley:

Jasper70, Jeff Flugel and Flashgear like this.
  17. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    Homeland, S1-4

Jeff Flugel and Flashgear like this.
  18. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    50 MILES!?!? Holy Cow! I had a friend who lived ~5 miles outside of town and would ride my bike to his house to visit/play for the day a couple of times a month (I was 11 or 12). It was a very long ride on flat, straight, road (felt like it was much longer than it actually was)! I rode my bike everywhere but had to stop on that ride at least once each way to rest my legs a bit. I just can't imagine a ~50 mile ride!

You have some nice serials there... :)

Flashgear, Jeff Flugel and Regulus like this.
  19. Regulus

Regulus Cinematographer

William Hughes
    There was a convenience store located about halfway between the mall (Somerset Mall for the record) and my house and they served coca- cola slushes for :banana: FREE! :banana:Naturally I made a rest stop there both coming from and returning home. :D My folks nearly flipped when they saw the bags from the shops I patronized at that mall :eek:, but they treated it as a "boys will be boys" situation and that was that. :laugh: I gave the stickpin to my mother for Mother's Day, I still have the kite I bought there and the stickpin now occupies a spot in a showcase next to my Father's Hole-In-One Trophy. (The ball he used for that ace was one I purchased on a trip to Illinois in 1994). :cheers:

20. Likecats

Likecats Stunt Coordinator

William
    Just got Dragnet 1969 season three, Rhoda season one, and The Dogfather 1974 cartoon.