What's new

What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? (2 Viewers)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Pete Battista said:
Just placed an order.... catching up on some sitcoms I watch...
- Home Improvement: Season 3
- Married with Children: Season 2
- Sabrina: The Teenage Witch: Season 6
- Samantha Who: Season 2 (Completing the series)
I ended up canceling Married with Children: Season 2 because I found that Amazon has the complete series set for $40... so I ordered the complete series set instead so I could get them all at once. The packaging looks like it sucks big-time but I couldn't resist 11 seasons for $40!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^Yeah, the packaging is pretty bad. It's a large book-like affair with 2 sides. Each side holds roughly half the series on flimsy plastic spindle/trays (a vacu-formed affair) with a cardboard piece on top of each stack which prevents the disks from falling out (it's a bit larger than the hole so it fits snugly). But, like you, I purchased that one and returned the S2-S4 sets I'd already purchased. The returns paid for the entire package (I got mine for $23.34 at a DD sale sometime back) and the price was good enough I'm willing to overlook the packaging. If it's any consolation, the disks inside are exactly the same as what you would receive on the individual sets.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks for the additional info. I never seen the later seasons. I stopped watching on TV (for some reason) shortly after the character Jefferson was added. I don't know why I stopped watching... was still enjoying the show. It just kinda fell off my radar.:P

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: S2 for 27.99 at Barnes & Noble @Maplewood Mall in the Twin Cities area of Minneapolis-St.Paul, MN.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
MAVERICK: SEASON 1
HAWAII FIVE-0: SEASON 6
BLONDIE AT THE BBC
BLONDIE: GREATEST HITS (CD/DVD combo; DVD contains 16 vintage rock videos)
ROME: SEASON 1 (Blu)
ROME: SEASON 2 (Blu)
BREAKING BAD: SEASON 4 (Blu)
CSI: GRAVE DANGER (Blu)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Last night I got a couple belated birthday gifts... and let me tell you this person was very generous. I just got...
- Stargate: SG-1: The Complete Series (10 Seasons)
- Stargate: Atlantis: The Complete Series (5 Seasons)
Let me tell you. I am thrilled to death! :banana:
I already watched the first disc of SG-1.... I forgot how much I liked that show!

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The Ray Bradbury Theater - Complete Series
Planet Earth - SE/Life - CS (2 series box set) both narrated by David Attenborough
Planet Earth - SE/The Blue Planet - Seas of Life/The Life of Mammals/The Life of Birds (4 series box set) all 4 naratted by David Attenborough
Yes, that's 2 copies of Planet Earth but each box set cost only $29.99. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks