What's new

What's the best system you've ever heard? (1 Viewer)

Victor Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I don't doubt that Chris... but I prefer not to take out a mortgage to finance a speaker purchase, even at the current low interest rates!

While it's nice to hear some really high-end gear, sometimes it's also good reaffirmation that I didn't do too bad with my setup.

Victor

JamesDB

Stunt Coordinator
RickLe,

Maybe it was a Blose system hahahahha... at least I think I saw similar statements on their website about their cubes :D

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
JamesCB...I've seen my share of bad Dead shows that were awful enough people actually left. OTOH, I did see them back in the early 70's with the Allman Brothers at RFK stadium and I had a very enlightning time at that one.

Steve_Barrow

Agent
Just yesterday I sat in a sound room with 2 Signature 800's powered by an Audio refinement stack (didn't pay attention to the models) HTM2 and an ASW 800, and even when I asked him to turn off the center and the Sub, I think it was as nice as I have ever heard. Ohh to win the lottery......

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
By far the best sound I have ever heard (regardless of price) was a rather modest system using a Dynaco PAT 4 pre-amp, a Dynaco 400 watt amp and a B&O turntable. The speakers were good size bookshelves made by a company I never heard of. I believe he made the pre-amp and amp from kits.

I was totally floored with the 3 dimentionality of the sound. I could easily place each instrument and I could "hear" the the space behind each instrument. Of course the horizontal spread was equally amazing. I could tell exactly where each instrument was.

I have never heard a system that even comes close. All of his equipment totalled less than $3,000.

Perhaps his job with Dolby Labs helped him achieve this level of performance.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks