What's new

What's the best receiver for my new Energy Take 5.2. Help! (1 Viewer)

salim_N

Grip
I've had my Yamaha RX-V620 & JBL NSP1 System for a couple of years. Though I'm happy with the sound, it's not what I hoped for. My dream was the Denon avr2802 and the Energy Take 5.2 combo. Today I walked into BrandsMart and was SHOCKED to find the Energy Take 5.2's for $298! :emoji_thumbsup: So I bought them! Now I NEED to change my receiver. Its giving me this annoying "static" noise out of the front speakers (its not the speakers). My budget is about $400. I saw the new SONY STR-DE995 and was impressed w/all the features and specs ($398) but not sure. What receiver would best complement the Take 5's? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Sal :D

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I just want to say that sounds like a super deal on the Energy speakers. Way to go. What sub are you running with it.

Vincent_S

Second Unit
There is an authorized Denon dealer that sells on Ebay. Try looking them up. I am sure they have something nice well within your budget. All of their items say that they are B stock though.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
I would not get the Sony, instead you should take a look at the 1804 I was at Brandsmart WPB. Here are some stats

I have two Denon and Energy systems which is a really match.

Michael

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Salim, I moved your thread to Receivers/Amps because it really is more applicable to this section. The Basics area is where people ask about the fundamentals of home theater. Good luck finding a receiver for those speakers.

salim_N

Grip
I hadn't looked at the the AVR-1804. Its perfect. Its got all I wanted in the 2803 but $200 bucks less. Thanks Michael

Salim

Michael_V

Second Unit
My first HT system was the Energy 5.1 mated with a Sony ES receiver. I thought the match was very, very good.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I would higly recommend either Denon or Yamaha for a very nice match with the Energy's. I have the Energy Take 5's with a Yamaha RX-V730 and it makes for a very powerful combo for the room I have it in.

KostaVan

Grip
I suggest the Onkyo DR-C500. 100x5 RMS of clean onkyo power. Go to jandr.com and purchase the refurbished one for $200 - It comes with the warranty because J&R is an authorized dealer. That's my 2cents.

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator
In that price range, also take a look at the Pioneer VSX-D912K. I think it goes for less than $400 and has the MCACC automated setup feature found in their high end stuff.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks