What's the best receiver for my new Energy Take 5.2. Help!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by salim_N, Aug 16, 2003.

1. salim_N

salim_N Extra

I've had my Yamaha RX-V620 & JBL NSP1 System for a couple of years. Though I'm happy with the sound, it's not what I hoped for. My dream was the Denon avr2802 and the Energy Take 5.2 combo. Today I walked into BrandsMart and was SHOCKED to find the Energy Take 5.2's for $298! [​IMG] So I bought them! Now I NEED to change my receiver. Its giving me this annoying "static" noise out of the front speakers (its not the speakers). My budget is about $400. I saw the new SONY STR-DE995 and was impressed w/all the features and specs ($398) but not sure. What receiver would best complement the Take 5's? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Sal [​IMG]

2. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I just want to say that sounds like a super deal on the Energy speakers. Way to go. What sub are you running with it.

3. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

There is an authorized Denon dealer that sells on Ebay. Try looking them up. I am sure they have something nice well within your budget. All of their items say that they are B stock though.

4. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

I would not get the Sony, instead you should take a look at the 1804 I was at Brandsmart WPB. Here are some stats

I have two Denon and Energy systems which is a really match.

Michael

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Salim, I moved your thread to Receivers/Amps because it really is more applicable to this section. The Basics area is where people ask about the fundamentals of home theater. Good luck finding a receiver for those speakers.

6. salim_N

salim_N Extra

I hadn't looked at the the AVR-1804. Its perfect. Its got all I wanted in the 2803 but $200 bucks less. Thanks Michael

Salim

7. Michael_V

Michael_V Second Unit

My first HT system was the Energy 5.1 mated with a Sony ES receiver. I thought the match was very, very good.

8. Greg Thomas

Greg Thomas Second Unit

9. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I had a Denon (1602 and 3803) and Take 5.2 setup, I thought they made a very nice match.

10. JeremyFr

JeremyFr Supporting Actor

I would higly recommend either Denon or Yamaha for a very nice match with the Energy's. I have the Energy Take 5's with a Yamaha RX-V730 and it makes for a very powerful combo for the room I have it in.

11. KostaVan

KostaVan Extra

I suggest the Onkyo DR-C500. 100x5 RMS of clean onkyo power. Go to jandr.com and purchase the refurbished one for $200 - It comes with the warranty because J&R is an authorized dealer. That's my 2cents.

12. Steve_L_B

Steve_L_B Stunt Coordinator

In that price range, also take a look at the Pioneer VSX-D912K. I think it goes for less than $400 and has the MCACC automated setup feature found in their high end stuff.

-Steve