What's new
World Wide Stereo

Upgrading Yamaha V620 & JBL NSP1. HELP! (1 Viewer)

salim_N

Grip
I've had my Yamaha RX-V620 & JBL NSP1 System for a couple of years. Though I'm happy with the sound, it's not what I hoped for. My dream was the Denon avr2802 and the Energy Take 5.2 combo. Today I walked into BrandsMart and was SHOCKED to find the Energy Take 5.2's for $298! :emoji_thumbsup: So I bought them! Now I NEED to change my receiver. Its giving me this annoying "static" noise out of the front speakers (its not the speakers). My budget is about $400. I saw the new SONY STR-DE995 and was impressed w/all the features and specs ($398) but not sure. What receiver would best complement the Take 5's? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Sal :D

728x90

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd give a look at the Sony DA2ES or if you can up your budget to $470, the refurbished Pioneer Elite 43TX from www.ecost.com I just replaced a 4ES w/ a 43TX and while the sound quality of both was great and nearly indistinguishable, the 43TX edged out the 4ES on ease of use, especially the ease of setup of the 5-Band EQ on the 43TX vs. the EQ of the 4ES. The 4ES does have a nicer remote, but I'm using a Pronto so that didn't factor in for me. The 2ES remote is recycled from the lower end Sony's. I would stay away from the non-es Sony receivers. They have a bad reputation for poor build quality, highly exaggerated power ratings, and a thin sound.

Hope this helps :)

David G Greene

Stunt Coordinator
I would get the SONY STR-DE995. It sounds nice to me & plus you save money & THATS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT ANYWAY!!!!.
I don't own one yet but I've been thinking about owning one. Anything you buy can be crap. I owned 2 HK's & one of them is grade A crap.

SONY STR-DE995

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks