Upgrading Yamaha V620 & JBL NSP1. HELP!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by salim_N, Aug 16, 2003.

1. salim_N

salim_N Extra

I've had my Yamaha RX-V620 & JBL NSP1 System for a couple of years. Though I'm happy with the sound, it's not what I hoped for. My dream was the Denon avr2802 and the Energy Take 5.2 combo. Today I walked into BrandsMart and was SHOCKED to find the Energy Take 5.2's for $298! [​IMG] So I bought them! Now I NEED to change my receiver. Its giving me this annoying "static" noise out of the front speakers (its not the speakers). My budget is about $400. I saw the new SONY STR-DE995 and was impressed w/all the features and specs ($398) but not sure. What receiver would best complement the Take 5's? SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!

Sal [​IMG]

2. kuttaS

kuttaS Stunt Coordinator

get a Harman Kardon 225 or 325

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I'd give a look at the Sony DA2ES or if you can up your budget to $470, the refurbished Pioneer Elite 43TX from www.ecost.com I just replaced a 4ES w/ a 43TX and while the sound quality of both was great and nearly indistinguishable, the 43TX edged out the 4ES on ease of use, especially the ease of setup of the 5-Band EQ on the 43TX vs. the EQ of the 4ES. The 4ES does have a nicer remote, but I'm using a Pronto so that didn't factor in for me. The 2ES remote is recycled from the lower end Sony's. I would stay away from the non-es Sony receivers. They have a bad reputation for poor build quality, highly exaggerated power ratings, and a thin sound.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

4. David G Greene

David G Greene Stunt Coordinator

I would get the SONY STR-DE995. It sounds nice to me & plus you save money & THATS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT ANYWAY!!!!.
    I don't own one yet but I've been thinking about owning one. Anything you buy can be crap. I owned 2 HK's & one of them is grade A crap.

SONY STR-DE995