What's new

What's the best 99 cents you've ever spent at iTunes? (1 Viewer)

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just wondering, because I just got a bunch of iTunes gift certificates for my birthday, and wanted to try out some new music.

The 'commerically successful' music I like is Pink Floyd, Phish, Eels, Flaming Lips, Tori Amos, Beck, Peter Gabriel, etc.

Any recommendations? I'm like a kid in a candy store right now...

Pamela

Supporting Actor
That's too funny! That's exactly what I'm doing right now! $30 bucks and I can't figure out what to download. One song I just did download, and love, is Camper Van Beethoven's, "That Gum You Like is Back In Style."

Another download I love is The Juliana Theory's, "We're at the Top of the World." Also, can't go wrong with Fountains of Wayne.

Maybe I'll download a track or two from Isidore (the singer from the Church and the guitarist from Remy Zero). So many choices . . .

Edit to add: just downloaded Snow Patrol - Run. Also, check out Beck's version of "Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime."

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe this is why the site seemed slow the last time I was on it, everyone is using their Xmas gift certificates...

The site is kinda like buying an option on your music. Download a song; if you don't like it enough to buy the whole album, you're only out 99 cents. But if you later buy the album, you've spent an extra buck for it.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Snow Patrol's "Run" was free a couple months ago. It wasn't until after that MTV decided to play the video, and now people like it :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Try before you buy: :)

Finley Quaye - This is How I Feel
Jem - They
Randy Newman - Burn On
Roots - Seed 2.0
Rufus Wainwright - Beauty Mark
Bobby Darin - Charade
311 - Rub a Dub

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I kind of like the U2 Brooklyn Bridge EP, although it is actuall 4 tracks priced at .99 x 4.

BGL

Kevin N

Stunt Coordinator
I can't really say I have a single best 99 cents I spent, but I can give you a few really good 99 cents I spent on recent songs. :p)

The Black Keys - 10 A.M. Automatic
The Black Keys - Stack Shot Billy
The Black Keys - Keep Me
The Black Keys - Thickfreakness
Chronic Future - Time And Time Again
Earshot - Someone
Earshot - Goodbye
The Exies - Ugly
The Exies - F.S.O.S.
Future Leaders of the World - Spotlight
Future Leaders of the World - Let Me Out
Future Leaders of the World - Everyday
Future Leaders of the World - Kill Pop
Groove Armada - Hands of Time
Instruction - Breakdown
LoPro - Sunday
Spiderbait - Black Betty
Tony C. & The Truth - Got it Made
Tony C. & The Truth - Medusa
Tony C. & The Truth - Little Bit More
V Shape Mind - Monsters

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
I got bored yesterday so i decided to do a Diamonds and Rust compendium (The live w/ Halford cut I already had on CD, but is available on iTunes):

1.Joan Baez - Diamonds and Rust
2.Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
3.Killing Season - Reign in the New Season
4.Judas Priest - Live w/ Rob Halford
5.Judas Priest - Live w/ Tim Owens

This was just my latest in a series of remake compendiums from iTunes which included Putting on the Ritz and Beethoven's Piano sonata No. 14 in C sharp minor.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Priests and Beethoven on the same iPod?

Sir, you are quite diverse in your musical tastes!:D

On my iPod, I go from Alison Kraus to Black Label Society, but I concede that you have me beat!

BGL

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
If you've got alot of extra 99 centses lying around you can collect, compare, and contrast each rendition of Ring of Fire that iTunes carries. At least 16 different artists, and several live versions. Between 25 and 30 in total I think. :)

Kevin N

Stunt Coordinator
Hey, I've got everything on my iPod from Zeppelin to Shostakovich to Chemical Brothers to Southern Culture on the Skids to Mos Def. :p)

I just found something I think I can call the best 99 cents I've spent. Ghettochip Malfunction (Beck).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks