What's new

What's on your I-Pod/MP3 player? (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
how in the world did you guys get the itrip to work. i spent probably a good two hours on that thing with no success.

i imported the playlist, set the station (confirmed with the two led blinks, blah blah blah ...) -- all i got was static. ugh! :)

anyway, i hear they're coming out with one specifically for the mini....

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I use a Sony Mini-disc MP3 player when I go to the gym.
I never have time to make new disc's but I use 2 discs the most.
one is all of Tool's albums (minus the live stuff),
the other disc is 6 of my fav. Tupac albums.
I had one disc with all of the studio albums from Dave Matthews Band, but my girlfriend took it.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I use a Sony Mini-disc MP3 player when I go to the gym.
I never have time to make new disc's but I use 2 discs the most.
one is all of Tool's albums (minus the live stuff),
the other disc is 6 of my fav. Tupac albums.
I had one disc with all of the studio albums from Dave Matthews Band, but my girlfriend took it.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i've got a third gen 15gig model
the thing is just too sensitive to scratches though. i went on a bit of a drive and sat in the back playing with the whole way and somehow managed to get two little scratches on the display. i ordered an iskin evo, hopefully it gets here soon because i vowed to stop playing with it until i had a case for it.

the thing with the fm transmittor is that there are virtually no fm radio stations around me. well, that's not true but the dial is pretty empty. so i'm thinking the itrip might be worth a purchase, i've got a stock stereo and i'm selling the car in two months so there's no way i'm going to upgrade anything in it.

i wish walmart carried it so i knew i'd be able to return it, i guess i'll just keep an eye on ebay to see if i can find one used.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i've got a third gen 15gig model
the thing is just too sensitive to scratches though. i went on a bit of a drive and sat in the back playing with the whole way and somehow managed to get two little scratches on the display. i ordered an iskin evo, hopefully it gets here soon because i vowed to stop playing with it until i had a case for it.

the thing with the fm transmittor is that there are virtually no fm radio stations around me. well, that's not true but the dial is pretty empty. so i'm thinking the itrip might be worth a purchase, i've got a stock stereo and i'm selling the car in two months so there's no way i'm going to upgrade anything in it.

i wish walmart carried it so i knew i'd be able to return it, i guess i'll just keep an eye on ebay to see if i can find one used.

cwhite

Second Unit
To Ted Lee, the instructions that came with the iTrip are not correct. Griffen has posted a PDF with corrected instructions. Mine was shipped with the incorrect instructions and I guess they're packing the correct ones.
I got mine to work but I don't use it in my car due to less than spectacular results and interference from far too many sources(my car's ignition, cell phone, other cars' ignition). But I do use it as sort of a private FM station in my home, sending music to my old audio receiver in my bedroom and my computer room from its dock connected to the primary sound system.
To Mark Dubbelboer, go to Staples and buy a pack of clear scratch resistant cellophane covers designed for PDA LCD displays. I virtually encapsulated mine with the covers, protecting the back and the front buttons, leaving enough space for data port at the bottom and controls on the top edge. Then I leave it in its iSkin jacket most of the time.

cwhite

Second Unit
To Ted Lee, the instructions that came with the iTrip are not correct. Griffen has posted a PDF with corrected instructions. Mine was shipped with the incorrect instructions and I guess they're packing the correct ones.
I got mine to work but I don't use it in my car due to less than spectacular results and interference from far too many sources(my car's ignition, cell phone, other cars' ignition). But I do use it as sort of a private FM station in my home, sending music to my old audio receiver in my bedroom and my computer room from its dock connected to the primary sound system.
To Mark Dubbelboer, go to Staples and buy a pack of clear scratch resistant cellophane covers designed for PDA LCD displays. I virtually encapsulated mine with the covers, protecting the back and the front buttons, leaving enough space for data port at the bottom and controls on the top edge. Then I leave it in its iSkin jacket most of the time.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
figures. i even emailed griffin tech support and all they said was update some driver (which i had already done). :rolleyes:well, they won't get my money just because of that...so there! ;)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
figures. i even emailed griffin tech support and all they said was update some driver (which i had already done). :rolleyes:well, they won't get my money just because of that...so there! ;)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

My iTrip picked up interference from my cell phone as well. The Belkin transmitter doesn't.

As far as the iTrip for the Mini, iPod Lounge (www.ipodlounge.com) has already reviewed it. Great site for all things iPod.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member

My iTrip picked up interference from my cell phone as well. The Belkin transmitter doesn't.

As far as the iTrip for the Mini, iPod Lounge (www.ipodlounge.com) has already reviewed it. Great site for all things iPod.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i actually have a whole schwack of write rights for my pda that i haven't used, for some reason it never even occured to me to try these. thanks for the tip.

i'm just starting to get caught up on that ipodlounge site. it was one of the first sites google gave me, it does seem quite informative so far.

thanks for the tips guys

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
i actually have a whole schwack of write rights for my pda that i haven't used, for some reason it never even occured to me to try these. thanks for the tip.

i'm just starting to get caught up on that ipodlounge site. it was one of the first sites google gave me, it does seem quite informative so far.

thanks for the tips guys

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Well, after putting 2000 songs on it and having room for another 2000, the Jukebox has already crapped out on me. I turn it on, the screen just flickers. I turn it off, the screen flashes periodically. No wonder Gateway stopped selling them.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Well, after putting 2000 songs on it and having room for another 2000, the Jukebox has already crapped out on me. I turn it on, the screen just flickers. I turn it off, the screen flashes periodically. No wonder Gateway stopped selling them.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
that stinks

after my 6 days of owning an ipod i can tell you i'm already satisfied with my purchase, and i'd recommend if/when you get your money back you should invest in an ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks