What's new

What's cooking? (1 Viewer)

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I am smoking turkey parts over apple wood. Then, I will wrap each piece tightly in foil and freeze. For Christmas I will reheat in a very low oven.

20231201_180850.jpg

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
My first try at French macaron cookies came out pretty good. Of course I selected the most perfect specimens for the top layer in the gift box (birthday for a friend). You can see that the one on the bottom right has a slight crack. It was a fun journey as it is a persnickety batter. It is almond flour and egg whites that are made into an Italian meringue. The sugar syrup must be at a precise temperature and then you mix it until the batter is fluid and settles but does not run. The newest issue of Cook's Illustrated has a very approachable method so I gave it a go. I made these with a raspberry buttercream filling, but the color and flavor possibilities are endless. I will try again at some point soon and hopefully get slightly more consistent results. The hardest thing for me was piping the batter, a few times that part was almost worthy of Lucy. Piping has never been my strong suit and this recipe requires some precision in that dept. I found the box at Home Goods and it was perfect to hold 12 cookies in 3 layers.

20240123_093453_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks