Whatever Happened To Croupier On DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Cappelletty, Mar 5, 2002.

1. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Curious if anyone knows what the status of "Croupier" is on DVD. Yes, I know there was a Netflix exclusive P&S only disc issued last year, but I'd heard that Image was going to release production company The Shooting Gallery's films in total and started with loaded titles like "Judy Berlin." TSG went bankrupt late last year and since then, all mention of "Croupier" seems to have disappeared, which is a shame.

Anyone know anything?

It's such a great film — the ltbx version is on Starz right now (I'm taping it) — and I'd love to own an OAR DVD.

2. Andrew Walsh

Andrew Walsh Stunt Coordinator

Alliance Atlantis released the DVD in Canada, but it's probably the Netflix Exclusive you mentioned. It's another one of their botch jobs, where to save costs, they just dumped the high-res P&S cut they used for the VHS version on the DVD, along with the required French version for Canadian Release. Hopefully this will be rectified in the near future, but its poor sales probably led them to believe there was no market for it. Gee, think its sales might have been because it wasn't OAR? Naw, couldn't be that.

3. Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski Supporting Actor

Actually, the Netflix exclusive is OAR (1.85:1). The transfer is non-anamorphic, and the disc has no features, but I would still be willing to buy it if it were offered for sale.