What's new

What would you like to see on DVD Audio? (1 Viewer)

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Dream Theatre - "Scenes from a Memory"

or

Tool - "Lateralus"

or

any 80's Metallica (S&M would sound great too)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I have over 2000 CDs/LPs so my list would be too long. What I would like is either DVD-A or SACD to be the only format (or I'd like someone tol come out with an affordable player (under $500) that plays all formats (including DVD-A, SACD, HDCD and regular CDs/DVDs).

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be (mostly) happy if labels would start to release more high resolution titles at or around the time of the two-channel CD.

That means, that record labels would have to include multi-channel mixes in an album's initial production, something that would naturally add to the cost. But I bet that it would be cheaper all around to do it during a project's initial production rather than after the fact. I imagine it's pretty difficult for companies to secure both services and materials years after an album has been released.

This looks to have been done with some artists (Bjork comes to mind), but I think they need to pump up the release schedule with newer titles.

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Led Zeppelin

"Symbols (4)" album and "Physical Graffiti"

Eric.

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
edgar winter's they only come out at night...could you imagine frankenstein in 5.1?or free ride for that matter?

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
Tori Amos.

Wasn't Strange Little Girls supposed to be out on DVD-A? I'd like a Boxset with all 6 of her albums (And while you're at it, why not Y Kant Tori Read with that!)

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Roger waters - Amused To Death

Also the rest of the Early Queen Albums (up to the Game)

Jeff Beck's Truth

Rod Stewarts Footloose and Fancy Free

Frank Zappa's Joe's Garage

And this is just off the top of my head.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Hell, I'd be happy with anything at this point. Releases are so few and far between that anything would be welcomed.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
JS Bach organ music.
Beethoven's Missa Solemnis.
Brahm's 4th symphony.
Brahm's German Requiem.
Mahler's 8th symphony.
Vaughan William's Tallis fantasia.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
yes, peter!!! dear god, yes!!! i remember seeing an interview with trent on audiophile (techtv show that is about anything but "audiophiles") where he talked about how much he really enjoyed the surround sound process and would like to explore it deeper. i think the interview was just after he finished production on the two dvd set for fragility v2.0.

kevin t

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
anything rock and roll for crying out loud!

Dream Theater

Spocks Beard

Pearl Jam

Steve Vai

Eric Johnson

Pantera

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks