What's new

What would you like to see next from criterion? (1 Viewer)

Brian McP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The 1977 version of Star Wars -- now THAT would be an interesting release, if it was given the Criterion treatment as a stand alone movie.

But one epic at a time -- and the next one has to be The Alamo

Being here in Australia, and considering that in April 2015 is the centenary of the events in the movie, Criterion would be wise to consider Peter Weir's Gallipoli

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Well, THE BROOD for one. I thought for sure they'd either come out as a two-pack or a double bill or, at the very least, standalone titles at the same time. I know Janus has the title.

I'd love to see what they would do with Peter Greenaway's THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE & HER LOVER as well, but hell, I don't even know who has the rights to that (or the equally amazing DROWNING BY NUMBERS).

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Brian McP said:
The 1977 version of Star Wars -- now THAT would be an interesting release, if it was given the Criterion treatment as a stand alone movie.
That would be a dream come true! Actually the whole unaltered original trilogy!
But I'm afraid we won't see it like ever from anyone in Bluray..

I'd also like to add Death in Venice. This had been announced last year that it was coming in France. I don't know if it was cancelled or not..

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
AnthonyClarke said:
A real classic for either Criterion or Twilight Time to grab ...
The 1972 'Sleuth' starring Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz
I've also made this recommendation in the 'what would you like to see in Twilight Time' thread .. I don't care who brings it out .. I just want it!
Yes, many of us would love to have this on Blu-ray. My non-anamorphic DVD just doesn't cut it.

John-Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
From MGM
Miracle Mile
Moby Dick

From Paramount
The War of the Worlds
Testament
The Elephant Man
Don't Look Now

Misc
The Mysterians (Toho)
Vampyr
The Ipcress File
Henry V and Hamlet (Olivier)
Great Expectations and Oliver Twist (Lean)

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Brian McP said:
Something tells me Disney will re-release the original(s) themselves to cross promote the new film.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Brian McP said:

But one epic at a time -- and the next one has to be The Alamo

Being here in Australia, and considering that in April 2015 is the centenary of the events in the movie, Criterion would be wise to consider Peter Weir's Gallipoli
I don't think Fox or Disney (whoever owns the rights to this film - I don't think anyone really knows for sure) would ever dream of letting anyone else release anything with Star Wars on it.

John-Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Kingu Kongu tai Gojira - from the 35mm and 16mm elemements that survive

1622603_689664814438239_8002672337280008355_n.jpg

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. 1972 live-action British musical. I'll pay today as an incentive. I'll pay double! I'll..... detail their car. Help them move! I'll... well I'll come back with a list of what I'll do. Outside of sexual stuff I'm open.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
My inner Anglophile would love to see:

Dead of Night
A Matter of Life and Death
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Sabotage
Odd Man Out

John-Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
I really want to see Criterion have the Studio Canal titles again. It's a crime that Lionsgate sits on them and does little or northing.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
How about The Van with Colm Meany. I really miss that good old film. In fact, that whole set with The Commitments, The Snapper and The Van. Same kind of deal as the above, I'd do a lot to get those. Even dangerous circus acts... well, as long as there's a net. I'm game, not crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks