What's new

What would you do in this situation? (1 Viewer)

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
I bought two Athena F-2's in a home theater package from Abe's of Maine but one was shipped damaged. more than 6 weeks later an F2.2 arrives on my porch.

these aren't the same speaker are they? the F-2.2 is 6 lbs. lighter than the F-2 and is sold for less money so it doesn't sound like they are equal products for equal money. are they? it also doesn't match the F-2 visually.

seeking opinions - what would you do? try to exchange the whole F-2 package for the F-2.2 package, or not worry about it?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If the center has also changed, I'd probably say return the whole thing and go for the F2.2. At the VERY least, I'd say they need to get you a matching pair of 2.2s

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. I'd also go higher up Abe's food chain and look to speak to a supervisor about your dilemna and how you expect them to pick up the s/h charges on all of it.

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
I agree but they haven't been real responsive at the moment.

I'd be willing to send the entire F-2 package (F-2, C1, AS-R1 and ASP400) back in exchange for the 2.2 package w/ the new 6000 sub(and pay the difference in cost), so that all the speakers would match.

do you think this is fair?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like a great idea, the new sub looks great.

They need to make you whole, and offering you a newer version that doesn't match is silly.

They'd BETTER pay for shipping, the record should show they sent you a pair of F2s NOT 1 F2 and 1F2.2

Brent

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It is possible they didn't notice that the replacement speaker was a newer model. I had something similar happen before. I ordered some speakers and they were ridiculously delayed coming in. The shop gave no real answer as to why they were delayed, though they did refund a portion of the cost. When they showed up we both found out why they were delayed: the ones I ordered had been replaced with a new version.

In your case, they cost less, so I'd expect they would do something like ship you a matching one free and pay for return S&H for the F2. Yes, THEY should be paying all S&H to return anything, and hopefully discounting the new package and possibly even covering S&H for the new package if you go that route.

ray tubach

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all, and thanks for your responses. It bolstered my resolve so today I spent some time on hold and got to speak with one of their customer service reps who couldn't approve my proposal but he did agree it was fair and doable but would have to have his mgr approvbe it when they come in tomorrow.

my proposal was simple. I was willing to pay to ship all the earlier f-2 package back to them(minus the damaged speaker of course)if they would exchange it for the entire new f-2.2 package and pay the shipping to me.

I'm not certain if the f-2.2 is any less of a speaker than the widely acclaimed f-2 was, even though it is lighter and costs less. someone said the baffle is thinner than the f-2? does anyone know the differences other than what I've mentioned?

anyway, what I get out of the deal is a matching system with the f-2.2, c-1.2, r-1.2 AND I get the new 6000 sub in exchange for the the old package with the ASP400 that was included in it - for basically the cost of shipping the speakers back to them. I'm really interested in the new sub which has gotten some good reviews so far.

I'll keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks