What's new

What way should I go with my speakers. (1 Viewer)

Shaun_David

Auditioning
Hi
I will be getting a new surround sound system and I wanted some opinions on speakers. I have my choice down to 2 different set ups. I'll list both of them and hopefully I can get an honest opinion about what way to go. I'll list the product then a URL for you to check out the specs to make it easyer.
First Setup:
Sony SA-VE535H - http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ngL_h&Dept=hav
With this system I can get the 6.1 surround sound easily by just adding an extra satilite speaker that they sell seperately.
Second Setup:
Sony SA-WM40 - http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ngL_i&Dept=hav
Sony SS-MF500H - http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ngL_j&Dept=hav
Sony SSCR505H - http://206.47.133.71/Application/Car...30FF69180B E5
With this setup I'd probably get a little more base, but I don't know how crisp this system will sound.
Out of these 2 systems I would like to know what would be the very best for movies, I like nice cripst sound but also a nice bass. Please tell me any pros and cons of either of these setups if posible, and thanks a lot!
Shaun

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Is there a reason you are set on Sony?

The Kenwood HTB-505 or Onkyo HTB-650 are much better systems for the price.

Shaun_David

Auditioning
Well we ordered a KP65WV700 TV from Sony and a DVPNS715P DVD player from Sony so we kinda wanted to keep everything sony. What do you think we should do? Just get a different company for the surround sound or would the Sony SA-VE535H speakers with a STRDE885S reciever be good?

Please let me know as soon as posible because we are getting the TV and DVD player on thursday and I would like to get the surround sound package around the same day.

Thanks again all.

Shaun

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Trust me, I understand about keeping everything with one company. It makes remotes so much simpler. And if that is your most important factor, that is fine. But usually you want to put quality first. You can always get a universal remote. Other than remotes, there are no advantages to keeping with one manufacturer. So it is up to you. But I would suggest listening to other systems first and let your ears decide.

Shaun_David

Auditioning
Well since I wanted to get something from the interenet I woon't be able to hear them. I wanted to hear from people that might have experience with the systems I listed or if they could suggest the best one for like $800-$1200 canadian or so.

Thanks

Shaun

Shaun_David

Auditioning
Khoa did you try to read my previous post at all? I said I can't hear them since I want to get something from the internet. I won't be going to any audio stores to hear anything because there is nothing around me. That is the reason I'm asking peoples opinions. If I could just go to an audio store and listen to everything I wouldn't need to ask people how some systems sounds.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Now there are 2 ways to look at this:

1. Get the Sony system. It matches. It all works together. You can sit back and admire a system that is pleasing to the eye. (Hey, Bose make a fortune this way). Any you are going to think it sounds great because you do not know any better. It will sound great to you and you are going to enjoy it. You will know every time you look at it that it is the correct choice. "Ignorance is bliss."

2. Do your research online and get what the majority of people say is the best. Then you confident that you have the best system for the price range you had. It may look a little funny, but you know every time you hear it that it was the correct choice.

If you go with #2, I would reccommend the Onkyo HTS-650 or Kenwood HTB-505.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks