What's new

What was the worst day of your life? (1 Viewer)

Michael English

Auditioning
Long time lurker, first time poster.

The worst day of my life was when my best friend betrayed me. I was having problems at work, and rather than be supportive, he dropped me.

It was almost 14 years ago and I can remember it like it was yesterday.

Mickey

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
Worst day:

When my dad, grandmother, and best friend died in the span of about 4 months. I was 14. My dad and his best friend died of drug overdoses. My dad was the one that got me into movies, he pretty much brought me home from the hospital and I started my love of film that very day.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
The worst days of my life are those when I find out that a girl I am very attracted to has a boyfriend. WHY can't I EVER get a CHANCE?! Is it really too much to ask to have a girl that's my type to be SINGLE instead of being taken already? Sometimes I feel as if the Universe has a thing against me having a girlfriend. I'd give up everything I have just to be able to have that one chance with a girl that's my type. :frowning:
Maybe I should just quit. I mean, it's pretty obvious by now that I'm never gonna have anyone. :frowning:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Shit, where to begin.
December 1967, my great-grandmother, who was my best buddy all through my childhood, dies in the hospital; my parents didn't even tell me she was sick. I was utterly devastated for years.
April 1974 My little brother, age 4, dies of cancer, in front of me. Death rattles are truly horrific, especially coming from a little kid.
October 1974 Six months to the day after my brother dies, the entire family is gathered for my 14th birthday party, waiting for my dad to come home. Instead, the sheriff shows up to say, "There's been an accident....."
September 1999 My ex-girlfriend's daughter, who was very much like a daughter to me, and with whom I was still very close, is rear-ended by a drunk driver, and covered with burning gasoline. With 3rd degree burns over 95% of her body, horribly mutilated, she lingers for 2 months before she finally dies. The drunk driver, of course, is unhurt, and fled from the scene without rendering any assistance.
Let's not even discuss the several times I've been dumped in favor of stalkers by women that I loved, or for other women.
Life's a fucking picnic, isn't it. :frowning:

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Mark Zimmerman,
I read your post with tears welling up in my eyes. How terrible. My condolances go out to you as well. I have a super great idea. How bout I start a thread on what was the BEST day of your life? I think that my boost everyone out of the funk we are getting into with this thread :frowning:
Peace out
Eve

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Mark, what you posted brought up a serious pet peeve of mine and made me hurt. Just the thought of that happening to anyone is so disturbing. Those fu**ing drunk drivers; what the hell is it with them anyway. Can't they wait until they get home to do their drinkin'?

One night on the way to work (radio DJ late night shift) I'm behind this moron weaving continuously. I can understand a momentary loss of complete control due to a distraction. This was a complete lack of control; he weaved the entire time I was behind him.

I wanted so much to pull him over, beat the hell out of him with a baseball bat and demolish his truck. He could've killed someone coming home from work, date, whatever.

Just the thought of someone I love (spouse, child, parent) dying because of these stupid fu*kers brings out the extremely violent and destructive side of me.

And on the drunk in front of me; I got his plate number and called the cops on his ass. Hopefully that saved someone's life.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Worst day of my life so far happened last month on Christmas day. My 16-month old nephew died of a brain tumor. This was the first time I ever lost someone close. To be honest I still haven't fully recovered.

Rob Longmore

Stunt Coordinator
This New years eve, when the woman i planned on marrying, told me she wants to marry a guy she met 10 days earlier!!!!

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Mark- Man, I'm so sorry to hear about that. My condolences go out to you and your family. Actually, I'd like to scratch my last post (although those would still be considered part of the worst days of my life).
The worst day of my life is when my Grandmother died -- June 17th, 2000. It was the first time anyone that close to me had died and it really left a void in my heart after that. I really miss her. She was awesome and was someone I'm proud to be able to call my Grandma. :frowning:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
This New years eve, when the woman i planned on marrying, told me she wants to marry a guy she met 10 days earlier!!!!
:laugh: :laugh:
I am sorry Rob, but this is too much!!! Why do they wait to tell you shit like that on your birthday/valentine day/new years eve etc...??!!!
--
Holadem - No offense meant btw, just trying to lighten up this dreadful thread.

Matt_R

Stunt Coordinator
I think my worst day is coming soon... my mom is losing her battle to melanoma (deadliest form of skin cancer). She's only 51...

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Sincerest condolences to all who have shared painful realities on this thread.

Back OT, the worst day of my life was probably a 12 hour period 10 PM- 10 AM in my crazy youth when I

1) experienced an O.D. and came close to death

2) was involved in a major car accident

3) developed anxiety disorder

The shock from that day reverberated for many, many years to come. It was a major wake up call for me.

Joseph

Frederick

Second Unit
Wow ... this thread is actually bringing tears too my eyes ... not a good thing when you're at work ... my heart goes out to all of you ...

My worst day has to be when my father died. Rather, when we found him. I was 25, and I just so happened to be driving past my fathers house with my best friend. I had seen him a few weeks earlier, which was the worst part. You know how you always tell yourself that you'll go and see someone, but don't go because "something came up"? Well, that was me. I was young, and I knew that there will always be tomorrow, and I'll just stop by tomorrow and see how he's doing ...

We drove by, and I saw all the doors and windows open to the house. We stopped, and we jumped out of the truck and ran across the street. A cousin of mine who was a cop was parked in front of the house. He jumped out of his car and told me not to go in there. I didn't understand. My friend did, though, because he was already a few steps in the house, and he stepped back with a look of disgust. That's when the smell had hit me. He'd been in there a couple of days, and it was the summer when all of those people had died in Chicago from the heat. He was one of them. I lost it ...

My brother was the one who actually found him earlier that day. My father didn't answer the door, so my brother climbed through a window (the screen door was locked). He found him in his bedroom. He had a stroke. Due to the heat, I suppose. At least that was what the report said. I can't imagine how my brother went through that house, the smell was so strong. Even today I feel guilty about not seeing him more. We weren't that close in the last years of his life, but I did stop by from time to time to see him. Spend a few minutes, you know. I'd give anything for another few minutes right now ...

Freddy C.

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
My worse day was in high school. My best friend called me and said that his father had shot himself - committed suicide. Then he and his mother came over.

Haven't thought about that day for a long time.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
I was a US Navy Hospital Corpsman assigned to a Marine Corps infantry unit during Desert Storm. I was one of the best at my job and absolutely loved it. So the day I was injured by breaking two cervical vertebrae and ending my military career is the worst day of my life.

Looking at some of the worst on this list makes mine seem kind of petty.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
They do this a lot, don't they? My fiancee back in 1988 did pretty much the same thing to me on New Year's Eve. She thought she could make it up to me by taking me out for pizza. :rolleyes: I figure I'm probably better off without her if that was her idea of softening the blow. She was one of those that preferred her stalker anyway (one of three...man, I have some miserable taste in women--I gotta wonder if all this crap that's happened has screwed me up irrevocably (at this point, the chorus rejoins, 'probably')). No wonder I think leg warmers are sexy :laugh: .....

Don Foley

Auditioning
In my short 40 years I've enjoyed a good life. Sure, I've lost a handful of friends, both parents and expect the older brothers and sisters to start peeling off the planet any time now (the 60's, for the most part, were very good to them). But the death card doesn't hold a powerful grip on me, it's part of the natural process and it's the way the game is played. I held my mother's hand when she passed away, smiled and wished her a good journey.

But, of course, there's the sequence thing. It needs to happen in the right sequence.

The worst and longest day of my life (and this includes a day of being pinned down by live fire by a lunatic with a rifle while I was covering a story, with his previous victim laying 10 feet from me) is the day a doctor told me our newborn daughter's heart had a problem and would require some tests.

If that girl could talk, she could of asked for anything in the world from us, and gotten it.

We bought her a small toy to play with while the doctor ran the tests. That was 9 years ago, and she outgrew her heart murmer just fine. But whenever I come across the toy, tears still swell up and I'm reminded how incredibly lucky I am.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Not entirely tragic, but one of my worst days was when I told a female friend that I was in love with her, and she blew it off like I was joking. Our friendship ended shortly after that, which was what I was afraid would happen if I came out and told her. The people she was attracted to were jerks, of course. Last time I saw her she had a baby with a guy who I remember stood her up several times and she had cried to me about it back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks