What was the worst day of your life?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Strang, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Scott Strang

Scott Strang Screenwriter

Mine was when my wife called me and said that some x-rays taken of her showed what appeared to be a spot on one of her lungs. It later turned out to be scar tissue from a boubt with pneumonia she had as a child.

Terrified was an understatement at that time.

2. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

I'll never forget seeing the planes crashing into the WTC, knowing I probably knew people who died or had friends who lost people. I just recently went to see whats left. Having driven trucks around that area for the past few years and seeing the towers numerous times my mind still cant grasp that they are gone.[​IMG]

3. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

The day my grandfather died...

4. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

When my only child died...that was my worst day.[​IMG]

5. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

Two: When my father died (I was 8) and when my mother died (I was 22)

6. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Wow, I must really be lucky. I'll lighten the topic up a bit with my rather laughable (in hindsite) experience. I'm almost 24 and so far the worst day I had was the day I thought I wasn't going to graduate High School becuase I was missing a grade 10 Phys Ed credit.

I had seen the advisor twice and talked to the head of our accelerated program (International Baccalaureate) to make sure that a class I was dropping wasn't needed. They all told me it was fine. I finished my grade 12 year with a high 80 average with 38 credits (24 were needed to graduate). Through IB I had also earned credit for first year English and Inorganic Chemistry at the University I was going to attend. I was given my Diploma at Grad and everything. Then in the middle of the summer I received a letter from the University I had applied to saying I needed to send them my marks. I was sure I had done so and made the request again. After two more requests to have the marks sent and the University not receiving anything I eventually managed to determine, after much phone time, that I hadn't graduated because I was missing a grade 10 Phys Ed credit.

It eventually all go sorted out, thanks to my Band teacher. Principal and Vice Principal didn't seem to care too much. But for the week or so when I thought I wasn't gonna get to go to University for at least another half a year because of a F***ING grade 10 Phys Ed credit I was just livid. Especially since I worked through High School as a Lifeguard and swimming instructor and already had 12 credits at the University I was going to attend (and still am attending).

7. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

When my mother died of breast cancer at the age of 51, I was 29 years old.

8. Hugh M

Hugh M Second Unit

9. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Thank you sean for your condolances. Also wanted you to know that I simply love the movie Pump up the volume. I watch that dvd atleast once a month.

10. Scott Strang

Eve T said this.....

11. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

Eve, my sincerest condolences to you!

My worst thus far: My mom died from lung cancer when she was 52. We shared great times camping and sitting together by the campfire till the wee hours drinking beer and sharing stories after everyone else went to sleep. Her memory will live on in those wonderful memories.

~Kurt

12. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

Hate to keep bringing everybody down, but here's mine: my mom died on my 30th birthday, just four months after being diagnosed with lung cancer.

Jon

13. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

My condolences to everyone.

My worst day was when my Father died. He passed away in the hospital during the evening of his birthday. I would do anything to have 5 more minutes with him...

14. Scott Strang

The second two worst days of my life were

Sept 16, 1999 My Mom died and I was crushed.

Sept 14, 1984 My Dad died and I was lost.

I was very close to my mom and until I met my wife, she was my best friend. She understood me and was never critical of how I chased women until I was about 31 and finally settled down. She wasn't thrilled about me being 31 and unmarried but she understood. Needless to say, when I did get married, she was relieved.

I learned my love of Sci-Fi from my dad that read sci-fi novels often (the only novels he read) and loved sci-fi films. He taught me how to fix small engines, do woodworking, sharpen knives, shoot guns (and correct safety and the importance of cleaning them), do repairs around the house, how to use a chainsaw, etc.

I was born on my parents wedding anniversary (my mom was 40, unusual back then) and my parents were thrilled. My birth brought happiness to my mom as my brother had been drafted and was in Vietnam at the time of my birth. Because of my parents age, my dad feared that he wouldn't live long enough to see me grow up. I was 18 when he died.

I had great parents. My mom and dad loved me, but my dad wouldn't hesitate to kick my ass if I needed it and seeing my mom unhappy was enough punishment from her. If there was time I'd tell you about my first speeding ticket. You would've thought the world had ended; man did I get it for that.

Believe it or not, my mom and dad were married only to each other their entire lives. That's unusual these days.

If my wife and I ever have kids, I only hope I'm as good as father as mine was to me.

My father would have loved DVD; he loved technology.

15. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I guess the worst day of my life was when my father died of heart problems at the age of 59. The worst thing, though, was watching him deteriorate over the preceding months. He just got worse and worse. It's hard watching someone go through that...

16. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

17. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Thanks everyone for your condolances, and I extend my deepest sympathy to everyone who has lost a special person in their lives.

Eve

18. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

With my own two eyes, in person, totally unprepared, without anchor commentary and field remotes, standing in Brooklyn Heights promenade, watching the largest structure I have ever seen in my entire life crumple into itself and only being able to imagine how many people were on the street below...and then it happened again.

Walking slower than I have ever walked in my life back to work, feeling tiny particles of cement drift down from the sky onto my head like man-made snowflakes.

Mixing in with the thousands of people who hiked it over the Brooklyn Bridge like zombies, no idea where they were, no idea what just happened.

Adults crying, college kids quiet, and every cop and security guard on the street so overwhelmed and tense that you dare not look in thier direction for fear that they snap.

Taking the first train to resume service home. Eyes darting around looking for someone to give them an explination, an answer. No TV to inform, no radio to explain, just the thought that if you kept your cool and looked composed that it would help someone else keep thiers.

Im taking two days...

Wednesday...Day 2...Using my MTA credentials to go down to the site before TV was allowed there. If words existed to describe the place from my vantage point I wouldnt dare utter them.

Every member of my family has been, and most had planned to go to the WTC soon. Me and my Father attended meetings there. When he retires him and my Mom were going to sightseeing starting with the towers. My uncle just had a child who would be exposed to every aspect of our city. One brother works in the subway tunnels below and another visits the area regularly. My personal tragedy was avoided by TIMING and TIMING alone.

Thats mine and a vast majority of the people in this citys worst day.

19. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

Off hand, I'd say the second worst day of me life was when me wife miscarried on our second pregnancy.

The worst, of course, was two or three days later, when we went to the hospital for a D&C (or, in blunt laymens terms, the removal of the fetus and other remaining tissue with a small vaccum) with a 1 PM appointment (let me repeat the word appointment) and then sitting there, in the waiting area, for literally 12 hours.

"Oh yeah, that's right, Dr. So&So doesn't come on today. I totally had a brain fart. Sorry, I hope it wasn't too much of an inconvenience."

The third worst day, by the way, was trying to explain to the lab staff that yes, for some strange reason, given that I have severe stomach problems, I really can't drink the litre of radioactive chalk. No, I'm not being difficult. Yes, I'm really going to throw up. Oh, I'm so sorry that will throw off your schedule. Why, I ask, is it so hard to understand?

One of the funniest, though, was hearing a year or two later that the drug they'd put me on, and that I'd stopped bothering with three days afterwards, as the cure really was worse than the disease, had been pulled from the market because it was killing people. :)

I don't like doctors much.

20. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Wow, I too feel lucky. The worst day of my life so far was when I go expelled from highschool for partaking in the wacky tabaci.