1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

What version of Dog Day Afternoon was Travolta watching in Swordfish??.........

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Declan, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Declan

Declan Second Unit

saw DDA for the first time last night (well this morning) and remebering Swordfish i was waiting for Sonny to get away. You'd think that the script writer for Swordfish would have watched the friggin film first.

2. David Echo

David Echo Stunt Coordinator

My own opinion upon seeing the DDA reference in Swordfish was in relation to when Travolta starts going on about how if Pachino was serious about getting the money he should have played hardball and just starting capping the hostages one after the other. The fact that he doesn't do this proves to Travolta's character that Hollywood screenwriters lack balls.

The problem is that DDA is BASED ON A TRUE STORY! If you're going to bitch about a movie for not being hardcore enough, at least pick one that is a completely fictional creation. Oh wait, maybe it's only Travolta's CHARACTER who is ignorant and this is just the screenriters clever little in-joke. NAH!

For the record I absolutely hated the entire movie (Swordfish not DDA) but loved Hugh Jackman. I kept thinking young Clint Eastwood watching him in Swordfish. I really hope the X-men movies become his equivalent of the Dollars trilogy and become a springboard for him into even better movies. Swordfish, Kate & Leopold and Someone Like You notwithstanding of course!

Dave

3. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

4. Ben Osborne

Ben Osborne Second Unit