What's new

What type tv should I get??? (1 Viewer)

Brent Patterson

Auditioning
I am looking to spend around $900 to $1800.00 around there somewhere. Hopefully on the lower side though if possible LOL. But with widescreen tvs I am very worried about screen burn switching back and forth to and from 16:9 to 4:3 as this will be my main tv for watching dvds, and recording/watching tv. So any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Brent

John S

Senior HTF Member
It is not as big of a deal as most make it out to be. Once calibrated the values on how hard even CRT guns are driven are set really low and safe for the most part.

Brent Patterson

Auditioning
Cool. So what type tv would you recomend. Once I get it then I can come back and ask about the settings and how to calibrate lol.

Brent

John S

Senior HTF Member
Those really concerned about burn-in should go with LCD RP or DLP RP...

I still chose CRT RP over all others, and that is the most screen size for your buck usually front projection not included.

Those 3 so-called old and/or antiquated CRT guns sure do come through on many aspects of the picture quality and are hard to beat by any of the other technologies.

Screen size has the most impact period on making for a more theater like experience.

An HDMI connecter is considered by many to be crucial for future proofing and you can't argue with that logic at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks