What's new

What to do, What to do... (1 Viewer)

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
Ok basically, if you had a $400 budget would you get a HSU STF-2 or get a set of Axiom M22ti's. Both would replace generic Kenwood HTiB speakers(505). Just looking for some input.

EDIT: Lemme add to this the Velodyne CHT-12 12" Subwoofer.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Personally, I'd get the Axioms and save for the Hsu later. The Axioms will probably do a fine job with music, even without the sub. Of course, you'll notice a difference with the sub added later, but most of what you'll be hearing comes from the regular speakers.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
I would go for the HSU pronto! If you know the STF-2 is the sub you want, then I say go for it. You will notice the biggest improvement going this rout first. Tackle the speakers next. No matter what speakers you run with the Kenwood sub, will sound like crap. You asked;)

EDIT I see you did a edit so now I need to backtrack. If your running the CHT-12 then I would do the 22's then.

DavidNighorn

Stunt Coordinator
I'd do the Axioms first. They are amazing with music and will grow with your system as you add to it. The sub is important and it makes a nice contribution to the sound. However, I'll take a great high end and midrange with somewhat weak bass over the opposite.

David

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
Wait do you currently have a Velodyne CHT-12? Or is that another sub you are conisdering spending your $400 on, along with the STF-2?

Matt_Smi

Second Unit
Real Name
blank
Ok, I was also debating between the Velo CHT-12 and the HSU STF-2; I ended up with the STF-2 and am very happy with my purchase. Read the thread below, the poster was in the same situation and compared the two directly and he also preferred and ended up with the STF-2. As for which to get the sub or the Axioms, well I would also recommend getting one now and saving for the other later. But If you can really only get one or the other I would probably say get the Axioms, unless you are a big basshead, then in that case get the sub.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...light=hsu+STF2

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
unless you are a big basshead, then get the sub.
__________________________________________________ _______

:laugh: You big lugg!

You got to start from the ground floor up. Good bass is the first must. :D

Seriously though, it's all important. Their all dependent on each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks