What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What to do about broken McFarlane figure? (1 Viewer)

KyleK

Second Unit
A couple weeks ago I bought an "Alien Warrior" figure from a store out of state(so going back to exchange is impossible). Long story short, I get home and open it and 2 seconds out of the box the leg falls off at the ball joint. I didn't even touch it! I guess it's my own fault for being foolish enough to open a McFarlane toy.:D It seems McFarlane will only exchange a figure if it's still in the packaging. Should I just superglue it back on and have a leg that doesn't move, or do I have any other options?

Thanks,
Kyle:D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Trevor Harveaux

Stunt Coordinator
If you still have the packaging you can return it. I have. You might also try www.spawn.com and email them about the problem. As long as they still have some in stock they should be able to replace it for you. At least that is how they used to do it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
if you bought it at a major retailer, kay-b, toys r us, etc..

just take it back with the receipt and get an exchange or refund.

KyleK

Second Unit
I bought it at Spencer's, and to my knowlege there is no Spencer's in my area. They sell mostly Halloween themed mechandise. I had never even heard of the place before. Do you think McFarlane Toys would exchange it if I still have the packaging?

Thanks,

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Spencer's is all over the country, mostly in malls.

Check out http://www.spencergifts.com/ and look at their store locator.

I don't know where in Oregon you live, but there are 3 just in Portland so I'm sure there more in other parts of the state.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I quit buying McFarlane products a few years back when I picked up four of those Techno-Spawn figures (the ones that combined to make a bigger figure) for my son for Christmas. I bought them at Toys 'R Us. The cashier put them in the bag, I put the bag in the empty trunk, drove home, took out the bag, and three of the four figures had already broken. I drove right back and returned all four.

I've heard that McFarlane Toys is pretty good about replacing damaged toys, but I've never bothered trying to get any of the multitude of broken figures we have upstairs replaced. They were all bought for my son, and I figure that if they broke that easily originally, the replacement won't be any sturdier.

KyleK

Second Unit
Thanks Leila! With that site I found a Spencer's about 20 miles away. I'll let you guys know!

Thanks,

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
You're welcome, Kyle. I hope you can get it exchanged. Seems like there's a reason McFarlane will only replaces those in unopened boxes :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks