What's new

What Three Albums Would You Most Like To See In Hirez? (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I've heard Wish You Were Here as a DTS encoded surround disc on my system and it is awesome. What bass on "Welcome To The Machine" (I have a SVS sub).

An official release in either SACD or DVDA would be very welome in my house as would all the Pink Floyd titles.

Plus we need more Yes in Surround!:emoji_thumbsup:

Steve Kuester

Second Unit
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (the first title I thought of when I saw this thread)

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin (with the same aggressive mix as Yoshimi)

Anything by Enya (I think her music would lend itself quite well to multi-channel)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
OH! I forgot to mention a great candidate for a hi-rez release!

Nirvana - MTV Unplugged

I don't care if it's hi-rez or a DVD Video release, I just want it on disc! :D

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
yes-yessongs,emerson lake and palmer-welcome back my friends to the show that never ends,porcupine tree-coma divine[the expanded edition]

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Porcupine Tree's In Absentia would have been on my list, but it just came out, so let's see:

1. The Who: Quadrophenia (which is coming I hear)

2. Radiohead: OK Computer if the re-mastering process would make a big difference, otherwise Kid A

3. OSI: Office of Strategic Influence (it would never happen, but it is just the kind of arrangements that scream for multi-channel)

Chris

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I very much looking forward to hearing my favorite album of all-time Quadrophenia in Multi-Channel Hi-Rez.

Another great Who title that could do MC proud is of course Who's Next. "Baba O'Reilly" in Surround would be wicked!:D

AricB

Second Unit
i believe a master reel is missing for who's next, and I believe I read Quadrophenia is going to be next

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
you know, come to think of it, "who are you?" would actually probably be a really good one. modern enough recording to make reasonable use of the hirez format.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
Yep, I would probably list Quadrophenia as my #1 album as well, as you might have guessed from my list. My favorite album at any given time changes, but when asked what I think the "best" album is, that is my answer. It still amazes me that it was recorded in the early 70s considering how good it sounds, both in recording quality and complex arrangements.

Chris

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
1) Yes - "Close to the Edge"
2) Pink Floyd - "The Wall"
3) Dire Straits - "Brothers in Arms"

These three in Hi-Rez would make me a very happy camper! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I want to change one of mine to Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium, even though the CD set sounds pretty darn good in its own right.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Lee, can I have 3 more picks? If I get 'em I promise not to say anything bad about Sony for a week, well, make it ten days.;) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks