What's new

What speakers are you using with your SVS sub??? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I'm taking the plunge and investing in new speakers. The only thing I'm certain of is the subwoofer will be from SVS. After all, millions of HTF members can't be wrong! I'm leaning towards the 20-39CS with the S700 amp.
As for the rest of the speakers, I'm open to suggestions. I'm attempting to stay around $1,500 not including the sub. Of course I will be listening to different speakers over the next few weeks, but am interested in what others are using.
BTW, the ratio of HT/music is approx. 85/15

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
If you can pull the speakers a few feet into the room, the bipolar towers from Definitive Technology do a great job for movies.
You can go with the un-powered BP30's since you are getting that nice SVS.
I would also strongly recommend the CLR2002 center speaker as one of the better centers I have heard.
I'm currently running the powered 2000 tl's with the built-in subs turned off and letting my SVS handle all the woofer sounds.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
Dennis,
I'm running B&W 604s in the front, 602s on the side, DS6s in the rear and an LCR6 in the front center.
An SVS 20-39PC provides the thump.
Jeremy

Tyson

Stunt Coordinator
I was running nOrh marble 4.0's all around w/the 20-39 ($1600). The nOrh ceramic 4.0 is half the price w/exactly the same sound ($850), but of course the marble enclosures look much cooler, IMO. One of the best HT setups I have personally heard. www.norh.com
------------------
"Remember Sammy Jenkins"

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Dennis I just recieved the SVS 20-39cs last week to go with my Paradigm Servo 15a and Von Schweikert VR3.5's and LCR 35 with ADP450 surrounds soon to be TS-350 Von Schweikert rears. This combo is absolutely astonishing with these 2 subs running at reference levels I have never heard bass so controlled and impacting. When guns fire you feel them as well as hear them.Who need bass shakers with these 2 subs.
------------------

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I have an SVS 20-39PC with Paradigm Monitor 7 mains, CC-350 center and Mini Monitor surrounds. The Paradigm setup lists for about $1400 but with a friendly dealer offering a nice discount you could pick it up for $1100 or so as I did.
------------------
"The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
Link Removed
my DVD collection

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Kevin - I'm looking to purchase all five. If I must go beyond the $1500 price point, so be it
wink.gif

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
I have a 25-31cs mated with all klipsch,sf-2 fronts($650 pair) sc-1 center($225) and a pair of sb-1 for rears($250 pair).
I got the sf-2 for $500 and 10% of the center and rears.Very good sounding to me.
------------------

Chip E

Screenwriter
I've got a pair of PSB Stratus Silveri towers for the front L&R, PSB Stratus C6i center channel, all in high gloss black..real pretty speakers.. PSB Image 10S surround's will be pull'n rear duty as of early next week...SVS 20-39PC
Prolly a little more than you want to spend but, it's what i'm use'n.
I paid $1550.00 for the Silveri's in the gloss black.
$750.00 for C6i center.... $475.00 for the 10S's :)
------------------

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I am using JBL Studio series (S36's and an S-Center) with my twin SVS 20-39CS's and could not be happier. The S36’s fit my HT room perfectly.
As always you should audition the speakers and preferably in house. This is my 4th and finally my final set of speakers I will be installing in the Vortex Theater.
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I am currently using the Def Tech BP 20s, CLR 1000 center and the BPX surrounds. I have had the 20s and CLR 1000 for about 9 years now and still love the sound.
So I will second the vote on the Def Tech speakers. I would look at the BP 30s for fronts, CLR 2000 or 2002 center and the BPX for the rears. You could probably get a package deal with these too.
As Mark stated let your ears be the judge. Go and audition several pairs of speakers. What may sound good to one person may sound like trash to you. And vise versa. You are the one that has to live with the sound so......
Parker

Rob Braden

Auditioning
I'm using PSB Image 6T mains, an Image 9C center, and some older PSB towers are pulling surround duty at the moment. I'm looking for opinions on the Image 10S surrounds, or maybe a pair of Image 2B's. My sub is a 20-39CS. Love it!
Rob

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
I guess I'll join in the thread.....
My HT is in a bit of a mismatch until sometime in 2002.
Fronts: Soundline Audio SL-2
Center: Soundline Audio SL6-6
Surrounds: Acoustat Spectra 22
Regards,
------------------
John Kotches
Contributing Writer
Link Removed

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
B&W 602 fronts
B&W 601 rears
B&W CC6 center
Twin SVS 20-39 CS w/ Samson 700
The SVS's blend very well with the B&W's. Much better than my M&K sub.

J

John Morris

Mirage M-3si Front L,R
Mirage OM-C2 Front Center
Mirage MBS-2 Rear L,R
Mirage MBS-2 Rear CL, RC
SVS Ultra
biggrin.gif

------------------
Take Care,
merc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks