What's new

What series are you planning on trying out for the first time? (1 Viewer)

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
After testing the water with a couple episodes of the recently concluded 6 year run of "Lucifer" I went for a blind buy. It was somewhat difficult to assemble all 6 seasons in blu ray at a reasonable price, but I was able to do it using Bull Moose, Walmart and Amazon.
Lucifer is a Jerry Bruckheimer produced series with very smart writing and dialogue, as well as a charismatic lead actor. Each episode has an independent story, but drops clues and reasons as to Lucifer's current earthly situation. As a result, they need to be viewed sequentially. The story of the devil's escape from hell and fascination with mortal humans is told with awareness for biblical tradition while injecting much humor and inferred sexual tension.
I have binge watched the first season and am starting season 2. A far cry from Leave it to Beaver, my last TV series binge watch!

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I want to watch The New Adventures Of Huckelberry Finn,features a revamp stories of huckelberry finn and tom sawyer features a lot of adventure and perfect truly family entertainment,from the 60's,is on tsod from warner archive.looks very interesting.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
This isn't too recent, but I started watching Bachelor Father 2 or 3 months ago. Unfortunately, since it hasn't had an official video release, I had to make do with recordings off RTN. Very enjoyable show and deserves an official release. Could never understand why John Forsythe is the only one whose name is seen in the opening credits. Noreen Corcoran and Sammee Tong are a huge part of this show and should have received billing too instead of just in the closing credits. Interesting also is that the musical theme was different for each season. I also watched Hank and Mr. Novak for the first time, although that was a while back. Liked both of those too.
defintly Mr.Novak.very underrated television shows of the 60's,way ahead of it's time.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
I did a marathon viewing of the first season of 24 this past week. This was a nice way to watch such a heavily serialized program without the delays from week to week during the original broadcast. (One of the real advantages of delayed gratification is the ability to watch as much of the program as you desire without external constraints.)

All in all, I enjoyed the first season quite a bit. Dennis Haysbert's performance was one of the real strengths of the first season, for me. Given the genre, one makes some allowances for improbabilities, and some poor decisions by some of the characters (I'm looking at you, Kimberly. :) ) Probably take a break and start up season two in the near future.

I have a good friend who comes over on the weekends and we have went through a few series together. We finished up the 2000's Battlestar Galactica last year (my second viewing, his first) and we recently concluded all five seasons of Breaking Bad. (My first viewing. Wowsers - what a show!) We are currently in season one of Fringe and Arrow - both second viewings for me and first viewings for him. We may start a third series but it is kind of up in the air right now.

Re: some of the shows Bob mentioned -

Fringe - Caught it during the original broadcast and loved it. I am really enjoying re-visiting it via Blu-ray right now.

X-Files - Caught some seasons during the original broadcasts and then re-visited it on FX. I wouldn't mind watching this again, but it does kind of fumble the ball in later seasons.

Legend of the Seeker - A surprisingly fun genre show that earns a lot of good will on the basis of its cast and their chemistry together. Never missed an episode when it was broadcast. (Sure wish this was available on Blu-Ray.)

- Walter.
It's gotta be Legend Of The Seeker,very underrated television series of the 2000's,way ahead of it's time.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Complete Savages it's about a widowed father who is a firefighter who raisies six boys,they were very disfunctional family,but it has a lot of heart,stars keith carredene and erik von detten.very underrated television series of the 2000's,way ahead of it's time.
October Road about an author who is getting over his writer's block by going back home to his hometown of Kinghts ridge mass.there is getting well know when finally face the people he wrote about unexceptically best friend eddie is very dissapointing in nick abandoned thier dream in starting his own business together and his high school girlfriend hannah
daniels is moved on with her life as he struggles to be included that he let himself down again,stars laura prepon and tom berenger.this 2000's tv family drama was laid back relaxed television series that is perfect for any type of season this oen is no excpetion.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Johnny staccato
LIpstick Jungle
High Tide
Nightman
Mr.Show with bob and david
Def Comedy Jam
Life's Funniest Moments
Grosse Pointe
Some Mother's Do Ave Em.
just to name a few.

Wiseguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Erich P. Wise
I did a marathon viewing of the first season of 24 this past week. This was a nice way to watch such a heavily serialized program without the delays from week to week during the original broadcast. (One of the real advantages of delayed gratification is the ability to watch as much of the program as you desire without external constraints.)

All in all, I enjoyed the first season quite a bit. Dennis Haysbert's performance was one of the real strengths of the first season, for me. Given the genre, one makes some allowances for improbabilities, and some poor decisions by some of the characters (I'm looking at you, Kimberly. :) ) Probably take a break and start up season two in the near future.

- Walter.
During the original run of the first season on FOX, I got tired of seeing just one episode at a time so I started to wait until I had two episodes on tape and then watched two at a time. Around the same time I had the bright (?) idea to watch the episodes at the same time they occurred even at four a.m. I would schedule the episodes around my then work schedule. I continued this until late in the third season when I experimented with watching three at a time which I did in the fourth season. I returned to the two-at-a-time schedule in the fifth season and continued watching at the time of the episode through the rest of the series.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I bought King Of Queens, How I Met Your Mother and Burn Notice a long time ago- the complete series of these shows on DVD. Still haven’t gotten around to binging them. So much stuff to watch, and so little time…

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Between The Lions a children's television series from the 2000's on PBS that was a mix of Sesame Street Reading Rainbow and Big In The Big Blue House but with lions it's very interesting.for young children should be looking into this television series.

Ocean Girl on the Disney Channel that was a very underrated television series of the 90's it was way ahead of it's time popular for girls of ages 7-18.it looks very interesting.

tsodcollector

Supporting Actor
Real Name
matthew baduria
Soundstage i've only seen compilations but not full seasons sets with ad's and original PBS Broadcasts this one looks very interesting.

Garrison's Gorillas a military television series from the 1960's that was way ahead of it's time.looks very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks