What receiver for polk speakers ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by DougDiv, Jan 11, 2006.

1. DougDiv

DougDiv Auditioning

Just purchase a pair of Polk Rti8's, CSI3 - center, PSW404 - sub. Also a panny 50" plasma with 1 hdmi port. What receiver in the $500 - $1000 range would be the best to purchase ?? TIA

2. Raj_asaurus

Raj_asaurus Stunt Coordinator

I had a lot of luck wiht my older RTi series paired with a Pio 1015. Right now I'm running some smaller speakers with a cheaper Panasonic XR55 which is running great. If you want to check out a digital path receiver its the one many are raging about. Cant lose at the price of 229 or so at amazon.com. It has some nice built in options for running stereo sound as well with bi-amping and dual-amping both possible.

3. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

IMO Denon + Polk = good match.

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

The Pioneer or Denon (as suggested) should pair well with the RTi speakers from Polk.

5. Ben Nelson

Ben Nelson Extra

I always thought Onkyo's worked well with Polk.

6. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    I have RTi6's, RTi4's and a CSi5. To me the RTi's seem to emphasize the upper mid-range/lower treble area a little so I would recommend a warm receiver from Denon, Marantz or H/K. I've been going back and forth between a new H/K 635 and a refurb Denon 3805 but have been looking closer at Marantz as well. If you like Pioneer I would look at the Elite series.