What's new

What kind of alarm clock do you guys use? (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I used to have just a regular, old fashioned Sony brand clock radio - the kind that you plug into the wall but that also takes a battery backup. But last time I moved, I hadn't unpacked the clock immediately and started using my iPhone's alarm, and I've been doing that since. The phone is loud enough to wake me up, and I never used the radio function on the old clock radio anyhow. Not exactly an elegent or high-tech solution, but it gets the job done.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've had the same Sony clock radio alarm clock for about twenty years, but I don't use it regularly. I typically start work so late in the day that I don't need an alarm. I'll only bother to set it once in a blue moon when I have an early morning event on my schedule.

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
Big Ben Moon Beam. It's a reproduction a clock from the 40's or 50's. It uses a flashing light instead of sound. I find it a much nicer way to have to wake up. It almost always wakes me right up but if I happen to sleep through the light it will (after five minutes) make a normal alarm clock ring.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Dennis Nicholls said:
I'm retired so I don't need an alarm clock.

However I have cats that serve that function needed or not.
Mine don't bug me...

However...my human counterpart(when here) does a good enough job waking me up...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't used an alarm clock in over 30 years and this is somebody that was at work by 5:00 a.m. I still don't know how I can wake up at the time I need to without any help in doing so.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Robert Crawford said:
I haven't used an alarm clock in over 30 years and this is somebody that was at work by 5:00 a.m. I still don't know how I can wake up at the time I need to without any help in doing so.
Same here. I get up at 4:45 every day without the use of an alarm clock. Mine broke years ago and I never bothered replacing it.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Cool.

So for you peeps using an iPhone as your wake up service, do you use some kinda fancy dock for it..."in the bedroom"?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
(You want I should move this to AHL? It's not necessarily iPhone specific.)

iPhone and Sony clock/radio (that hasn't had the radio used in three years.)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
No dock for me either - I just have the charger cord by the nightstand and plug it in each night after I set the alarm and leave it there. The charge gets me through the day usually.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
DaveF said:
(You want I should move this to AHL? It's not necessarily iPhone specific.)

iPhone and Sony clock/radio (that hasn't had the radio used in three years.)
I left the thread here because most of the discussion has been focused on iPhone utilization as a time clock.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I use a LED "touch pad" alarm clock purchased from Sears in ~1977. Sounds just like the Bat Phone when it goes off! I wouldn't clutter my nightstand with a phone to annoy me further...

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Been using this for a year or two (always have/always will use alarm clocks)...

51Udetggd-L.jpg

Does the job, has a usb port for me to charge phone or FitBit etc. Shines the time on the roof if I felt the need to use that :)

Doesn't clutter up the nightstand at all. Works like a charm.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks