What's new

what is the price quoted for paradigm monitor 7 at your local dealer? (1 Viewer)

chun howe

Stunt Coordinator
first of all what's the price quoted for paradigm monitor 7?

i am kind of undecided whether to go for energy connoisseur c-5 or PSB image 4T or paradigm monitor 7 as main speakers

with this living hall dimension 14'x11'x9', should i get floorstanding or bookshelf speakers would be good enough?

i am using pioneer vsx-d711 reciever for my speakers.

i'll get center, surround speakers match main. and get hsu vft-2 for sub. do you folks think vft-2 will easily match any speakers mentioned above?

thanks

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
The Monitor 7's MSRP is $700/pair.

You can't go wrong with any of those floorstanders. You got to listen to them, and find out which one you like. There's nothing I, or anyone, can say that will help you decide. But IMO, I would go bookshelf. You already got a great sub in the VTF-2 (which will work with anything you buy), so the bookshelves should have no problem filling that room. It's not particularly big anyway. but, back to bookshelves. At the price range, you could move up to the reference line from paradigm, which is significantly better than the monitor line IMO. But IMO, I'd grab a pair of Rocket RS250s for 700. That's what I'm doing :D

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I have the Paradigm Monitor 7's and have been very satisfied with them for almost 5 years. I figured by the time I bought a pair of decent speaker stands I would have invested as much as the price of a pair of floorstanding speakers.

Lee Carbray

Second Unit
I just got some c-5's and have been very pleased. I auditioned the 7's as well and to my ears they were very similar. I chose the Energy's because I preferred the look and the dealer.

I was having the same dilemma as you choosing BTW floors and book shelves. Like anything you have to listen for yourself. Bookshelf would be no problem in your room, or really any room if paired with a sub. do a search on book shelves vs. floor standers and your head will explode. There is no right or wrong choice just personal preference.

People always say go up to the studio series because the cost is the same. But if you look at it after you factor in stands and the more expensive centre channel and surrounds it can really stretch your budget. The performance is better but the cost is definitely more.

chun howe

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the inputs folks.
the local dealer here in dallas is quoting me $749 + tax on monitor 7 (this is shielded) $699 for without shield.

the worst part is i can't get them home for audition. it's a strictly no return policy. i just affraid my living room isn't big enough for the speakers.

i found $40 speaker stands at accessories4less.com so getting bookshelf would save me some $$$.

those rockets rs250s is awesome, i can't find any reviews on ecoustics.com. on hometheatherdiscussion.com people are making a fuss of having to wait on shipments.

where is rockets speaker made from?

JakeMcM

Stunt Coordinator
I got the monitor 7's, but I should have probably just got mini-monitors as they use all teh same stuff because I have a capable sub like you but I watch like 90% movies. So, if you are going to listen to 2channel music w/no sub go with the monitor 7's but if you will use teh sub for everything get two pairs of mini-monitors for about the same price of monitor 7's. Both of these speakers are great.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
I have used the Mini Monitor and Monitor 7 for front speakers in the past (currently running Studio 60s). In my opinion, the Monitor 7s do sound better for 2 channel even if you are using a sub. I found the mid-bass response to be much better with the 7s. The sound was more ballanced, whereas I thought the Minis did not blend as well. Plus, with the 7s, you always have the option to use pre-outs and cross over at, say 50 Hz so that your sub is only filling in the lowest end. This is highly recommended if you have a "boomy" sub that is more geared towards movies.

Chris

David_Johnston

Auditioning
I wouldn't buy any high-end audio equipment from a store without a return policy. Sounds like a good way to get ripped off. What happens if it is damaged in shipping?

chun howe

Stunt Coordinator
i thought of that also
i think i'll go ahead a buy energy connoisseur c-5 for main, c-1 for rear, and c-c1 for center.

i have calculated that a whole set of paradigm monitor 7 for main, mini for rear and it's center will cost more than energy.

right now i am thinking hsu vft-2 as subwoofer, any suggestions on good sub around that price? i live in apartment with noise policy (10:00p.m no more loud sounds)
and the living room dimension is only 14'x11'x9'.
my current layout is there is a wall behind tv, amp, and right-hand side is the window/wall. sofa distance from tv is about 6 to 7 feet.

i rally like svs but until i get my house, there is no way that biggie will fit in current apt. plus i don't want to wake my neighbour down stairs.:D

thanks for all the inputs though, god got to love this forum. you are so helpful in certain ways.:D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks