What's new

What is the deal with the Phillips Pronto? (1 Viewer)

Alex-F-V

Stunt Coordinator
I have like 50 remotes right now, well not that many but more than 1 is to many for me.
I want a romote that can control all my devices:
DVD
Reciever
VCR (yes it still gets used)
TV

and if possible

CD changer
and tuner

But the first 4 are the priority. I keep hearing about the Phillips pronto but no one really talks about it and I've gone to there website and the price changes from $199.99 to I believe well over $1000.00!!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

So is there a remote that can control all my devices and is the Phillips Pronto the one I should be looking at?
And which one (cost wise)?

thx.

Chris Hovanic

Supporting Actor
Goto RemoteCentral and use their Clicker Picker to find the best remote for you!

Some people like touch screen remotes (like the Pronto) others like the hard buttons. You should be able to find a remote that fits your needs in either type of remote.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I have a tsu2000 pronto and it's the best thing ever. You can find them for pretty cheap ($200 or less) now, too.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I've been programming pronto's for clients since they first came out and own one and have another coming to me shortly for my second zone so you might say I'm a die hard pronto nut:) There's nothing in this price range ($100 used) that can touch the pronto as far as flexibility goes. But that flexibility comes mainly due to the LCD screen which means there's not that many hard buttons so for some people that becomes an issue. Personally when properly programmed you will likely find that there's plenty of hard buttons to do most of what you need and there's ways around the buttons on the LCD screen as well. Also if you really want to maximize the use of your CD changer the pronto's for you. Download and install the pronto edit 4 software and take a look at my CCF (there's links to both on my website). You'll see that I have every CD I own accesable with a few short clicks of a button and the 3rd party software to run that database is actually easy to use and maintain...that single feature changed the way I use my system and with the home screen macro's anyone can use my theater even when I'm not there..which is a big change from before when I had 6 remotes on the coffee table;) When you get my file and pronto edit loaded open my CCF file and then click the emulator and you'll be able to see exactly what happens when you press a button etc.

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
Im one who doesnt like touchsreens at all. I have had the Pronto 1000 and ProntoPro. Look into the MX500 by HTM. The 500 is one of the best hard button remotes you wil find. For a lil more (about 100.00) you can get into the MX700 which is computer programmable...

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
I'll chime in and suggest the Pronto. I have the TSU 1000. I have never had a remote that was so customizable. Also, the infrared is very strong..which I like.

I've never had a problem programming the Pronto with other remote source codes. As mentioned earlier, Remote Central is a great resource to use.

The Pronto Pro has even more "hard" buttons than the original pronto. However, if you are not a fan of touch screen remotes, the Pronto may not be for you...but if you give it a try, you may be converted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks