What's new

What is the best long distance plan or prepaid phone card for intrastate calls? (1 Viewer)

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I'm using net2phone which is $.05 per minute but the line quality is crap. I saw an add for the MCI 575 which comes out to about $0.035 per minute - not sure if there are any hidden costs. Any suggestions would be great. :emoji_thumbsup:

Julie K

Screenwriter
I've used many of those MCI 575 minute cards. They're great and the only "hidden" charge is a 25 cent charge if you call from a pay phone.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Thanks Julie. Where do you purchase your MCI 575 cards? I just happen to see them on the Cosco website which is about 30 miles from my house.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The AT&T cards from Sam's Club are the way to go. Just under $.035/min. They don't expire and you can recharge them over the phone with a credit card. Best part, no hidden charges and service fees. This is how I have been doing my long distance for about two years.

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
Well, I just signed up with bigzoo.com for $.029 per minute...although there is a monthly $0.75 charge. I'll probably go with MCI or AT&T later. Thanks everyone.

Julie K

Screenwriter
Yes, I get my cards at Costco. They've cut my montly phone bill from $120 to $20. I'm very happy with them.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I direct dial for a nickel a minute (interstate and intrastate)...didn't realize it was so bad out there some places.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I also get the MCI575 card from Costco. 3.5c/min without any real hassle. You can refill it easily with a credit card when you dial the access number.

I have 7c/min on direct dial, but hey, for half price, I'll dial the extra numbers.

Todd

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I go with Americom.com. They basically hook you up to another company. I pay 5c/minute for state-to-state calls, and I think 6.5c/min for intrastate calls. They also provide a free toll-free number, which is 5c/min. There is no monthly fee, and they have 6-second billing. Therefore, a 2 second hangup call costs about 0.5 cents, and a 61 second call costs about 5.5 cents. Most plans I've been on have full-minute billing, so a 2 second call costs 5-50 cents, and a 61 second call would cost 10 cents to a dollar. I've never had any problems with the quality or the service, and I've actually convinced long-distance salespeople who've called my house to switch their own service (although most just hang up when I tell them what I get).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks