What's new

What is sub level adjustment range on Anthem AVM20v2.0x? (1 Viewer)

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
As I "patiently" wait for my Anthem AVM 20 v2.0x to arrive, I am preparing in advance to make the installation go smoothly.

Can anyone tell me what the adjustment range is for the sub output?

Thanks!

JimmyK
Still waiting for that phone call letting me know it's arrived!:crazy:

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Are you talking about the sub level output or the bass peak level adjustment? These are two separate items.
Sub level output.

I don't plan to limit the bass peak level. My SVS 16-46PC+ shouldn't need it at the volume levels I usually use.

JimmyK

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Jimmy,

I don't plan to limit the bass peak level. My SVS 16-46PC+ shouldn't need it at the volume levels I usually use.
I agree with you here. Just be sure to set the Current Level in the Bass Peak Level menu to its maximum (I think that is 0.0dB). I don't recall what the default peak level is set to.

BTW, if you need to adjust this value to the maximum of 0.0dB (which effectively turns it off), unplug your sub when you do this. The Bass Peak Level menu sends out a signal to your sub (or your mains if you have no sub) so that you can adjust it until distortion occurs. This signal can get quite loud, so I always recommend turning off your sub when you set the peak level to 0.0dB.

Michael

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Thanks again Michael!

Your suggestions should help make installation a breeze.

Speaking of which, I was expecting delivery this week, but my dealer called this past Wednesday and told me it had just been shipped that day. Looks like it won't get here until Monday or so.

Oh well, "good things come to those who wait", right?

JimmyK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks