What's new

What happens if nobody signs for a FexE x package? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I recently ordered something from buy.com thinking that they were going to ship by USPS. but it turns out its shipping by fedex. I had the package shipped to my beach house in Washington state because S&H wouldn't be free to Canada. I only go down there about once a week to check the mail though. What happens to my package if nobody is there to sign for it?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
fedex ground? or fedex 2 day or 3 day or whatever?
IME ground will most always leave a package, the other fedex services you have to pick it up.
fedex customer service is usually very good, if you call and explain they would probably leave it for you in a safe place, or I think UPS allows you to re-direct, maybe fedex does, though probably not to canada :D

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
After a few attempts it may get sent back. I'd put a note on the door to leave it at another (close by & trusted) address. If you have the tracking number, you might get them to just leave it.

Glenn

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
They should leave a tag on your door. On the tag is the routing number and whatnot. Just take the tag to the local FedEx distrobution center and your package should be there for you to pick up. If your address is quite a distance from the center, they may leave the package.

Bruce

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Oh okay thanks... I think my dad has a note saying to leave it with the neigbbors, just makin sure... :)

James L White

Supporting Actor
they sent my HT system via Fe-EX and I semply called them and they told to me to contact the company who sold the product and I did and told them I authorized them to leave it in the garage.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
James: So when you told the company you bought it from, they told FexEx they could leave the package at the garage?

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
Call Fedex and ask them to reroute the package to your home address as you won't be there to pick it up, this should be no problem. I used to have orders sent for pick-up to a near by state that did not charge sales tax then call fedex and have the package rerouted to my address in NY and never had a problem. That's how I got the laptop I am using right now.
kd

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
Yes Fed Ex will reroute if you call them with all the right information, even after a failed delivery. I have asked for that a few times and they always come through. But that was within the same state, I don't know if they'll do that to Canada. You could try calling them; I find that they are very helpful and don't quibble over little things.
Now USPS on the other hand :D: You are lucky if they even know where your package is, even with their tracking system.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
We missed a FedEx delivery once and they left a waiver on our front door. Once we signed that they just drop off whatever they have and the status shows "No signature required; release waiver on file"

Only have to do it once.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
I never did like the signature waiver thing, once you do that, they're off the hook in the event you don't get the package. Easiest thing to do is leave it with a trusted neighbor or inform FedEx you want to pick up the package at the depot.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Exactly! I would never sign that waiver. The driver could take your package home with him and you'd have no recourse. You're simply screwed. I've had so many delivery problems with both UPS and FedEx that I track all of my packages every step of the way. If it doesn't show up on the day it's supposed to be delivered, I call them right away.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"I had the package shipped to my beach house in Washington state"
Well you sure are doing well for such a young guy Nick:)
Brent

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't sign a waiver, but at least FedEx gives you the option, unlike Airborne Express who will leave your packages at a neighbors residence if you're not at home. I've had that happen twice. They did leave a note saying they left the package but still...what if you have unscrupulous neighbors? I called and since then, they have used the door tag procedure.

Bruce

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I called FedEX today, and the guy simply asked for my information, i told them to leave it in a box i have at the front door... easy as pie, thanks guys! :)
Well you sure are doing well for such a young guy Nick

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Nick, you've GOT to invite me to those wild and crazy Playboy bunny parties you throw with Hef once in a while! Puhleaze! Pretty puh-lease???!! *beg*

(Thank goodness it wasn't delived by the poop-colored-brown shirts otherwise known as OOPS er I mean UPS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks