What's new

What happened to MTVX ? (1 Viewer)

ChrisR

Stunt Coordinator
I've noticed over the last few days that MTVX is playing rap/hip hop music. And the MTV Jams logo is in the bottom corner.

Does anyone know anything about this? I want my MTVX back!!!

Hugh Scrivener

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with you man! I called Adelphia , my cable provider, and the rep knew nothing about it. I knew MTV was advertising 2 new channels...HITS and JAMS, but I didn't think I'd lose the one cool video channel I get. I told Adelphia to put me in the 'dissatisfied' column.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
Oh, crap! My onscreen guide for Insight Cable officially lists the channel once known as MTVX as MTV Jams! Does anyone know if MTVX even exists anymore?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I noticed this last week. I watched MTVX every once in a while, but when I tuned in on May 1st it wasn't there, replaced by MTV Jams :frowning: . Does anyone know when it stopped? I thought it was just my cable provider that kicked it, because they made some other changes that same day.
Too bad, because they played music that wasn't played so much elsewhere, and I'm not a hip-hop fan so MTVJ isn't for me.
I e-mailed my cable provider (Comcast) and complained about this at least, not that I think it helps...

Kevin_W

Second Unit
Man, I'm glad to see that I am not alone. I watched MTVX more than anything else on TV. Without it, there really is no reason to watch TV... well ok maybe Sopranos. Not taking away from fans of rap and hip-hop, but isn't that what MTV2 and MTV is for?
Complaining to the local cable companies won't help anything. There is a petition going on here. I don't know if it will help at all, but at least I felt better by doing something.
I can't even count how many new bands I learned about from MTVX... not to mention what a wonderful outlet that was to many bands trying to get noticed. Terrible move MTV. You're killing music one channel at a time. :frowning:

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
We now have mtv jams, good god, I am so tired of always having hip hop on mtv and mtv2 and now mtvjams....God I hate MTV...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
This just sucks..........Yes I am a little ticked off.....good f#$%ing god....
R~

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I got this standardized reply from my cable provider about the change. At least they HAVE a standardized reply, maybe that indicates that they've gotten some grief about it (or maybe they have a standardized reply about any line-up change).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks