What's new

What games were unexpected treasures? (1 Viewer)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Offhand -

Soul Calibur for the DC
Animal Crossing for the GC
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage - PSOne
Goldeneye 64 - N64
Snatcher - Sega CD

I bought Soul Calibur over Ready to Rumble Boxing at the DC launch mainly because of the good buzz about it. I'm not the greatest at fighting games...but this game got played more that I ever thought it would

As for the others, they were either games that Leslie either had or wanted (A.C. & Spyro) or just had a lot more going for it than I expected ( Goldeneye & Snatcher).

There are othere...but it's sooo much more fun finding out that a game you just bought is so much better than you ever thought it would be.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Most recently I think the PS2 launch games of ATV and even SSX surprised people by just how playable they were. Before that everyone figured PS2 was launching with Madden and a bunch of also rans. But look at SSX now (and EA Big in general).

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
SOCOM.

Wasn't on my radar until I saw how much fun you folks were having. Had to have it. Loving it.

Woo Jae

Screenwriter
Here's my short list.

1. Silent Hill - freaked me out.
2. Xenogears - blew me away with its plot and music.
3. SSX Tricky - Was a LOT of fun - reminded me of Tony Hawk Pro Skater on a snowboard....
4. Suikoden - didn't expect much but it was a blast to play.
5. Spiderman - this was a fun title. Felt like Spidey.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
1. Samba De Amigo Dreamcast - Blown away with how fun this game was (is). People who never played games before have a blast with this one.

2. Point Blank PS1 - I always loved gun games, this game perfected the gameplay.

3. Parappa the Rapper PS1 - Simple rhythm game, but I love the characters, e.g. Master Onion.

4. Space Channel 5 Dreamcast - Like Parappa, visuals make the difference on this rhythm game.

5. Seaman Dreamcast - My 6 year old cried when Seaman went away at the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks