What's new

What Forgotten Films do you want on Blu ray or 4K? (1 Viewer)

Doug Abbott

Agent
I'd love to see the Jessie Matthews musicals get the Blu-ray treatment (Evergreen, The Good Companions, It's Love Again, First A Girl, etc).
And another vote for The Devils - it's time for Warner's to put on the "big boy pants" and let this out of captivity!
Also one more - John Stahl's wonderful silent film "Memory Lane" which Warner owns but like many others that are in limbo, it needs a musical accompaniment.

Doug Abbott

Agent
The Corrupt Ones 1967 Crime Drama with Robert Stack, Elke Sommer, and Nancy Kwan. It has never been available in North America without subtitles. I have been wanting this for 30 years.

Attachments

• The Corrupt Ones 1967.jpg
    The Corrupt Ones 1967.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 27

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Angels in the Outfield (original b&w)
The Fourth Protocol
The High and the Mighty
Island in the Sky
The Late Show
The Sea Wolves
Sink the Bismarck (which won't happen; it's Disney now)
Tribute

Real Name
Rolf Skrinde
The hilariously awful ABBY from 1974, sometimes referred to as "The Blaxorcist". An archaeological dig accidentally releases Eshu, the Nigerian demon of sexuality. Abby (Carol Speed) is possessed by the demon, who begins a reign of terror by making her a sexually aggressive woman who speaks her mind! She acts like a man and tries to pick up men in bars and night clubs. Shocking! Gradually she becomes more and more out of control, transforming into a demon with the worst monster make up in history, and an exorcism taking place on a discotheque dance floor! Unfairly banned by Warner Bros for being a rip off of The Exorcist, (especially since there are dozens and dozens of "possession" films) it's barely a faint echo of that classic. There's a terrible bootleg DVD that looks like a transfer from an ancient VHS, but this enjoyable horror/comedy? deserves to be seen in all its glory.
R.jpg

Last edited:

Cleopatra

Grip
Real Name
Jean
There are so many...
I'd start with Jean Negulesco's Three Strangers with Peter Lorre and Sydney Greenstreet, and Paul Wendkos' The Burglar with Dan Dureya and Jayne Mansfield.

Martin_Teller

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Teller
The Burglar is coming from Imprint. I was sure Three Strangers came out too, but I guess I was mistaken.

for me:
Cocorico Monsieur Poulet
Devils on the Doorstep
A Moment of Innocence
Roy Andersson's post-70's films
everything remaining by Ming-liang Tsai

84lion

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alan McKown
4K's of the following films.

Dreamscape
Enemy Mine
The Neverending Story
Clash of the Titans (81)
Creature (aka Titan Find)
Deepstar Six
Leviathan
Krull
My wife likes Enemy Mine; I wouldn't mind seeing it in 4K. At least it was released (years ago) on BR, but IIRC it was a limited release (Twilight Time?). If memory serves, it was a good solid transfer (well, as best as could be done given the era of the film).

Leviathan is also a great film. That would be good in 4K. I can't recall if it's been released on BR, but I do know that it's been in FHD on streaming (Amazon Prime at one time if memory serves), and the picture looked quite good to me. Same for Deepstar Six, which is on my "to watch" list - I tried getting into it at one point but bailed out for some reason. Need to give it another try.

It's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread (and in other threads by me), but I'll put in yet another request for Telefon (Charles Bronson/Lee Remick/Donald Pleasence) on BR. Please, please, please, would love to see this film nicely restored before I get too old to enjoy it!

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
Leviathan is also a great film. That would be good in 4K. I can't recall if it's been released on BR, but I do know that it's been in FHD on streaming (Amazon Prime at one time if memory serves), and the picture looked quite good to me.

Scream Factory released Leviathan on Blu-ray in 2014. Kino Lorber teased a 4K edition last year, but I don't believe a firm release date was announced.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Scream Factory released Leviathan on Blu-ray in 2014. Kino Lorber teased a 4K edition last year, but I don't believe a firm release date was announced.
It's still coming, but it might not be until next year as Kino has at least 30 titles in the 4K/UHD pipeline with another announcement today which is Play Misty for Me.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Here's my list. It hasn't changed much in ten years:

All The King’s Men (1947)
Abyss, The (plus all laserdisc extras)
Beans of Egypt Maine AKA Forbidden Choices
Blue Ice
Captain Horatio Hornblower
Emigrants, The
Egyptian, The
Fourth Protocol
Girl In The Headlines
Hell Is A City (poor DVD print)
Hero’s Island
High Treason
Northwest Passage
Ploughman’s Lunch (poor HD print)
Solaris (Soderbergh)
Spartan
Strange Days (poor UK Blu-ray)
Statement, The

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks