What's new

What Forgotten Films do you want on Blu ray or 4K? (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
THE RACKET (1928)
ALIBI (1928)
THE CROWD (1928)
SKIPPY (1930)
EAST LYNNE (1931)
THE WHITE PARADE (1934)
STATE FAIR (1932)
THE PIED PIPER (1942)
THE CRYING GAME (1992)
SHINE (1996)
Sing it, bro! I gave up on being an Oscar Nominee Completist a while back and have been downsizing, but still would like to see restored versions of the first eight.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
Here are 2 that are definitly forgotten! "Joy in the Morning" has a great song and the score is by Bernard Herman. Ralph Bakshis amazing double play American Pop" tells a family story through generations of American Pops passing down music tratitions from father to son and in so doing creating an amazing catalogue of American Pop music from the early 1900's to the films release in 1981. Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 5.04.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 5.05.38 PM.png

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Ralph Bakshis amazing double play American Pop" tells a family story through generations of American Pops passing down music tratitions from father to son and in so doing creating an amazing catalogue of American Pop music from the early 1900's to the films release in 1981.

View attachment 174464

The music licensing today would cost more than what Ralph paid for 40+ years ago. Time Life would be the only company who could clear all those artists for another home video release.

Last edited:

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Sing it, bro! I gave up on being an Oscar Nominee Completist a while back and have been downsizing, but still would like to see restored versions of the first eight.
I'm still going to try. I don't buy nearly as many movies as I used to, but come nomination time... I seem to. LOL The Warner Archive is helping. :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Here are 2 that are definitly forgotten! "Joy in the Morning" has a great song and the score is by Bernard Herman. Ralph Bakshis amazing double play American Pop" tells a family story through generations of American Pops passing down music tratitions from father to son and in so doing creating an amazing catalogue of American Pop music from the early 1900's to the films release in 1981. View attachment 174462 View attachment 174464

I big yes about Joy In The Morning. With that cast, the film should be of interest to many.
Forgotten or Overlooked films...

There's no mention of overlooked films in the thread title. Anyway, films listed in the post I responded to have been neither forgotten nor overlooked.

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter
I wouldn't necessary call The Abyss a 'forgotten film'. Long neglected and overdue for a proper Blu - yes. To that list, also belongs True Lies.

Forgotten films. Hmmm. Six Weeks, Porgy and Bess, The Enchanted Cottage, Beyond the Forest, Star!, Strangers When We Meet, Raintree County, Begotten, Let It Be, Song of the South, Figures in a Landscape, and, Sleuth.
I wouldn't necessary call The Abyss a 'forgotten film'. Long neglected and overdue for a proper Blu - yes. To that list, also belongs True Lies.

Forgotten films. Hmmm. Six Weeks, Porgy and Bess, The Enchanted Cottage, Beyond the Forest, Star!, Strangers When We Meet, Raintree County, Begotten, Let It Be, Song of the South, Figures in a Landscape, and, Sleuth.

I would also add, Kevin Brownlow's incredible documentary series: Hollywood - a Celebration of the American Silent Film to this list. A must see for anyone who loves movies, period!

I would also add, Kevin Brownlow's incredible documentary series: Hollywood - a Celebration of the American Silent Film to this list. A must see for anyone who loves movies, period!

I would also add, Kevin Brownlow's incredible documentary series: Hollywood - a Celebration of the American Silent Film to this list. A must see for anyone who loves movies, period

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter

cinerama10

Supporting Actor
Real Name
peter

I had SIX DEGREES OF SEPERATION on dvd but sold it.

schmo

Grip
Real Name
Joe Schmo
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE (a restored version, not the crappy public domain one)
KAFKA

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Hellzapoppin for sure - we were told legal issues - we were told estate of stars fighting over it it would be a Universal release could go to KINO or Imprint - head of programming for TCM thinks the broadcast rights still no go but he thought home vid was resolved he was going to check -- Yes Porgy and Bess too VCIs And Then There Were None was decent Images a bit better just a bit but with Wade Williams owning it who knows

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
Perhaps some number of films might become available now that Mr Williams has gone to that great projection room in the sky. One would hope his estate might be interested in monetizing the assets to the benefit of film lovers, of which he no doubt was an example.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
Decades ago I watched a PBS showing of Our Hearts Were Young and Gay starring Gail Russell and Diana Lynn. I laughed so much.

It seems to have been almost completely forgotten but it was enough of a hit to warrant a sequel, Our Hearts Were Growing Up (so obscure it does not even have a Wikipedia plot summary).

I'd buy a blu-ray in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks