What's new

What else does SVS have up its sleeve? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
I'm just curious if there are any other models rumored to be coming out? I know I've heard that they are going to be coming out with a PC Ultra in the summer, but is there anything else? A PB Ultra perhaps? Just curious...
James

TommyL

Supporting Actor
B4+ ultra? muhahaha...as I have stated...an avia tuned system pushing lotr to reference with this thing would certainly cause some frickin damage.........I'm headached over -15 below reference...hitting some big spls...tight and clear..gotta love that hair moving on the back of your skull!!

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
James,

For sure there will be some gradual fleshing out of our new Powered Box series subs. More configurations, more colors and finishes for those that want more than just black as an option.

Some other concepts in play but nothing we can talk about yet (we're loath to mention products that aren't ready to ship for months or more!).

Ron

A

Anthony_Gomez

Ron, any chance you will have a veneered version of your PB subs? I much prefer the look of the B4+ over the PB black texture look. I am sure it would raise the cost, but if I was in the market for a pre-done sub (I am not though), I would pay the difference for a nice SAF friendly finish.

EDIT:...upon closer reading, it appears you sorta answered that:)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Ron...Tom from Minnesota..the land of the frozen tundra here:) Don't tell me a B4+ Ultra is in the works...:) BTW...The B4+ is kickin the hell outta my friends lol...gave them a tick under reference (avia cal) of the rescue scene in the matrix...hit over 124 with it...and a lot more to go...clean bass...this thing is a dream:) muhahaha...

TommyL

Supporting Actor
svs kicks...product, service, support...and great guys...now to find Tom V on the race track in Moto GP:) Anyone thinking about trying...grab one, and see...that is what every person on this board has had to do (unless auditioned) glad I did:emoji_thumbsup:

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
TommyL,
You've got a B4???!!!
Whoa!! What are you driving it with? 1000w? I love my Ultra but am thinking of MORE . If you know what I mean. :)

Gordon

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Hey gordon..yes, I have one finished in a soft oak color...here is the link...lame website but I put it up only for this purpose:) heck, I've had 700 hits...and only this forum has been there lol

http://home.mchsi.com/~toml/wsb/html...ome.html-.html

it is the best bass I've heard...second svs I've owned, and I don't think I'll need more lol...I've been throwing together some numbers for about 1.5 months, and have posted them as I go...the test to see if ya need more #1---> trying running LOTR EE at full ref, calibrated (avia) IF your ears and house can handle it, you need more...currently, I cannot hit anything above -15 below...I started with that in the opening scene, and things in my house were not happy...(wife, cats, sheetrock....ya, those "little" things :) gonna go for -12 today....its hitting mid 120's pretty easy...(I use a crown K1 bridged 1500 watt amp fyi)....as far as the bass for music goes....it keeps up clean and tight with my mains...normally ya don't want a sub for music, but with it being accurate...ya get what the doctor ordered. tl

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
Tommy,
Those photos are GREAT! I'm trying to figure a way to shoehorn one of these bad boys into my HT. Unfortunately, if I locate it so the side w/ports is open (towards my open component shelving), the left and back sides that have drivers in them will be against walls. I mean, within 1" or so. I can't turn it any other way. I have an email in to Tom to see what the effect of two drivers against walls would be. What is your experience with placement?

Gordon

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Thanks Gordon...well, I haven't played a lot with placement as this seems to be all I can handle at the moment:) I did fax tom v my room and pics, and he said that my setup would be fine...the woofs need about 3" of space...I should try and move it and see what happens...I bet ya I'd find some good results...like you say..it is a big piece...fortunatly my room is big(4500 cf)...so I have some room to move...but you still want it corner loaded.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
I think duals will be a pretty good upgrade!:) heck, you have one already...I'd corner load those babies, and you'll be set! You'll have to let me know when ya pull the plug! svs is open everyday ya know:)

TommyL

Supporting Actor
By the way..just checked out your setup..very nice! I use a 55" hdtv...love to have a projector...but I need that 1080i espn hd.coming soon! :) rockets look like nice speakers..I thought about testing them a while back....auditioned some, and ended up with paradigm studios....good enough for now...:) how does the svs perform on that floor(move or anything?) I really like the cylinder...different style...B4+ cylinder? dual cylinders...looking something like binoculars lol...sweet:) tom

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
The Ultra is surprisingly stable! It does not slide around or jump up and down at ALL!! Those folks at SVS really did a GREAT job design-wise. Yeah, I like the looks of the cylinders too.

RE: Rockets. Well, all I can say is that I could not be happier. They complement the SVS wonderfully! They have terrific "slam" to accentuate the deep stuff the Ultra is sending. The upper end is very non-fatiguing so I can listen at what seems to be very high levels with no ear fatigue. I've hosted a few auditions and it has been a jaw-dropper for all. Think a few Rocket and SVS sales have resulted

Gordon
UnPaid Shill

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Gordon!
If you go for the B4 maybe you can give me a deal on your Ultra. I think three in one corner would be cool!!! Seriously, a B4 might blow the windows out in that room :D I still think a second Ultra would fit in your corner just like I have mine setup. Believe me... a second one will definitely do the job in your room :D

Mitch

JeffreyMercado

Second Unit
Getting back to topic, a interview I saw on Hometheater hifi with Ron Stimpson revealed that they are looking to release speakers in the future. Could you imagine a SVS 5.1 speaker system? I am looking at Rockets but I would really like to hear to hold off and wait for the SVS speakers. Ron or Tom, please give me some news to wait.

TommyL

Supporting Actor
its been mentioned before...I haven't heard anything in months though...hope so..I'd give'em a listen!

Mitch E S

Stunt Coordinator
If you read between the lines they are working on a line of speakers but are probably still at least a year away from release.

Gordon Groff

Second Unit
If you go for the B4 maybe you can give me a deal on your Ultra. I think three in one corner would be cool!!! Seriously, a B4 might blow the windows out in that room I still think a second Ultra would fit in your corner just like I have mine setup. Believe me... a second one will definitely do the job in your room
Not gonna happen, Mitch! You're absolutely right! A B4 would be so much overkill it's not funny!

It would have been sonically unjustifiable and fiscally irresponsible. :frowning: I'm just very lucky it physically won't fit! :D

Sometimes I scare myself.

Gordon

TommyL

Supporting Actor
muhahaha...gordon...ya might as well pull the pin, and grab another Ultra...just think...wednesday it'll be there:) *smiles*...and I believe they give a little off the top for repeat buyers:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks