What's new

What DVD player do you use with your 3802 or Denon receiver? (1 Viewer)

Rodon

Second Unit
I am getting my 3802 on Friday according to teh tracking report and I cannot wait!!
Need more threads to keep the excitment.
Lots of posts on the speaker of choice thread. How about DVD player of choice?
I have a Sony S550 with the jog remote that I like a lot. Will it be OK? I have a V series non HDT Wega 36" with no :frowning: component inputs so I will just be using s-video input.
It is about 2-3 years old so far and has never failed me in the least.
I also have a DVD Audio disc of Metalica Black in 5.1 and it works/plays just fine. I know I should take these questions to the DVD Hardware page but what are the different kinds of DVD audio.

John Royster

Screenwriter
Rodon,

You might get more info in the audio/video sources forum. I'd be very doubtful that a player that old would play dvd-audio. I use the panny rp56 but its main strength is progressive playback. There are tons of posts in that forum aboud dvd players.

good luck!

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
John,
Most DVD-Audio discs come with a separate 5.1 mix that is not a hi-rez mix. All & any dvd player can play a DVD-Audio disc but only ones marked with DVD-Audio will be able to playback the DVD-Audio mix.
Right now I have 2yr old Toshiba 5109 that is still running strong. Love the player :emoji_thumbsup:

Doug_NHT

Stunt Coordinator
Denon 4802 w/ a Denon dvd-1600. I'm very pleased with how everything works. I haven't tried any DVD-A yet but I will soon.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Denon 2802 with a Panasonic PR91. Excellent progressive scan player, with scaling capabilities and plays DVD-Audio.

David Berry

Stunt Coordinator
Denon 3802 with a Pioneer DV-440. This DVD player plays CDs quite well, but I have a Sony SCD-C555ES player for that. My Sony 35" TV also does not have component input, so I use the S-video connect. Good noticeable jump in picture clarity relative to the composite input from my VCR.
Isn't the anticipation fun :)
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks