What's new

What Does the "Lamp Assembly" in an LCD Projector Do? (1 Viewer)

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
I sent my Z1 to Sanyo for repair because there was a green tint to most of the left half of the screen...It's been suggested to me that this is indicates a problem with one of the LCD pannels....Today Sanyo called me and told me they had replaced the lamp assembly in my projector and that this had fixed the majority of the green tint...

What the hell is the lamp assembly? The part that holds the lamp?

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
A GOOGLE search for "lamp assembly" indicates that this is the lamp itself...I think I may be getting a new lamp for free...I had about 160 hours on my old one, so this is a great deal for me. But how would a bad lamp cause one side of the image to be green?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Does Sanyo service mean they fixed it somewhat but there is still some green tint?

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
Neil, what the guy said on my voice mail was that this seemed to have fixed "most of" or "the majority of" (can't remember which) the green tint...Which does seem to indicate they're leaving a little wriggle room as to whether the green tint is completely gone. We'll see when I get the projector back (oddly enough he didn't say when they were returning it to me, but they have a 24 to 72 hour turnover policy - meaning the pick it up, check it out, and ship it back to you, all for free, within that time period. Very handy..I'm glad I went with Sanyo instead of the Boxlight clone which doesn't offer this option.
Thing is, even if they got, as they say, most of the green tint, I'll be pretty happy, because it wasn't that obvious to begin with - and I'll get the new lamp.

EDIT: But Neal, come to think of it, it doesn't really make sense - if the lamp is the problem, say, discolored in some way, and they replace the lamp, that should completely cure the problem, not "the majority" of the problem...hmmm. Unless they're acknowledging the natural LCD tendency toward green? It's a mystery...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks