What's new

LG "WOWS" me with excellent customer service! (1 Viewer)

buckmichaels

Agent
Real Name
Mike
I have an LG 65" OLED TV that I purchased in March 2018. Best picture I've ever seen on a tv, and ran great, but at about the 2 year mark, the screen developed bad burn-in. I was way outside of the factory warranty, but decided to talk to an LG rep online anyway. I figured what do I have to lose? LG not only agreed to service it for free, they sent a local company out, and replaced the panel and some of the processing units!! So except for the stand and a few parts, I basically got a new tv at no cost!! I live in a small town, so LG had a local repair company come out to fix it. For those of you with LG OLED tv's, there were several issues with mine. The panel was defective, and prone to burn in and experienced color shifts towards the end. (yellow on the right side, lime/green on the left). There was also an issue with a timing unit in one of the processors, it was telling the tv that certain images were still being displayed when they were not, so the tv was keeping images on the screen for weeks, resulting in the burn in. You can't see these "ghost" images, so you don't know the burn in is happening. I must say I am extremely impressed with LG.....they didnt have to do anything for me, but yet they made it all right! I did show them loyalty by buying another LG tv this year. (not OLED, bedroom tv), and I will remain a loyal customer!! I can't say enough good things about LG, you just don't see customer service like that anymore!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks