What's new

What do you think of MartinLogan's new Aeon? (1 Viewer)

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
A friend was asking me, but I couldn't comment on them as I haven't heard them at all!
I have no doubts that my preference of B&Ws will not be affected even if I were to hear these Logans (well, maybe :D), but my friend really likes them just because they look too cool, and to that I agree. But I won't suggest him to buy these if the sound isn't good. So anyone heard these speakers?

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i demoed these speakers about 2 months ago. they were connected to a plinius cd-lad pre and plinius sae-102 amp. the cd player was an integra changer. in the midrange and upper frequencies...these speakers were completely gorgeous. playing tori amos' "crucify" really revealed the clarity these speakers have. however, down low they seemed to be very lacking. they just didn't have the authority i would have wanted. also, the soundstage appeared to be a little narrower than what i've become to expect from speakers. granted, if you're sitting centered between the speakers...you'll get the full effect but don't lean too much to the sides or lay down. if you're friend listens to really dynamic bass heavy music with losts of kick and snare drums then these aren't the speaker for him. this is just my opinion though and your friend should definitely demo for himself.

kevin t

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
and your friend should definitely demo for himself.
My friend is not exactly an audiophile, but he wants me to make sure that his purchase is worth his money. In fact he joined me once to a showroom (they didn't have MartinLogan), but he said he can't tell which speaker was better, only that they were "different". What I think he sure knows how to identify is a bad speaker from a good one, that's all. Heck, he doesn't even care!

I guess he just wants a good pair of speakers in his living room, that at least gives him peace of mind that the audiophiles approve of the speakers. Weird isn't it?

Somehow I don't like the idea that someone bought a pair of speakers for his/her system because of my opinion that it sounds good. But my friend asked me to please help him, and I couldn't resist.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
as long as he doesn't listen to really dynamic music like techo, industrial, and such with hard driving bass lines he should be satisfied with the aeons. of course, he could integrate a sub with them and have the best of both worlds. sounds a bit odd to me that someone would rather have a speaker recommended to them rather than demo the speaker for themselves but i guess he really trusts your opinion so you must be a good friend to him.

kevin t

Arnel Enero

Stunt Coordinator
The last MartinLogan that I've heard was the Scenario. I found it too soft (maybe rolled-off) in the treble, compared to more flat-response speakers like Revel and B&W.

Is the overall balance of more recent 'Logans still like this, or has the treble improved significantly?

Thanks.

Kevin T

Screenwriter
well it was 2 months ago but my impression of the speaker was that the only thing truly lacking was the dynamics and the soundstage. i don't recall the treble sounding soft but then i haven't demoed revel or b&w's yet.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks