What's new

What do you think about my setup? Opinions please... (1 Viewer)

Ryan*C

Auditioning
Ok guys, I'm going to get this setup... what are your opinions on this?

I plan on buying a 7.1 Athena home theater system linked to the Yamaha 5790 (I get it for around $500 at Best Buy). As far as the Athena's go, I get a KILLER discount because I work at Best Buy, and so I'm getting the two F2's (largest floor-standing), four B2's (largest bookshelf), and one C1 (center), and a P-400 (subwoofer) all for under $700, brand new, and including shipping, hehehe. Anyways, what is your opinion on both the Athena speakers, and the Yamaha 5790 reciever for my first home theater package (I'm 19, and still with parents). I'm planning to hook this with a 50" Samsung DLP digital t.v. linked with my computer as the monitor and my reciever playing my MP3 tunes... what is your guys' opinions... ???

The main reason for all of this is because I would buy most of it when I move out, but now I'm saving a TON of money... probably about $2000 easy in savings. Opinions are appreciated though, thanks!

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
Its CRAP DONT BOTHER:D I say if you can get a good deal on anything pull the trigger, it sounds like it will be sweet! I personally will not pay retail for anything, man do stores hate me hahaha but my wallet loves me:D

Drew_W

Screenwriter
You have to hear it. Yamaha+Athena is not a pleasant match for some (including myself), but it works for others.

Pardon the pun, but AUDITIONING is the key.

Johnny_M

Second Unit
ive got yamaha speakers, with an athena sub. connected to a kenwood. im pretty happy with my setup.

johnny

Stephen M

Stunt Coordinator
I don't care for this system but what does that matter? I assume since you work at BB you are familiar with the sound of the speakers. The price is obviously good so if you like the sound go for it.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks