What's new

What do you store your cd's in when in you car? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I am not sure really where to post this. I was just wondering about those 32 disc case logic zipper cases that you store cd's in. I am very very picky with my cd collection and take meticulous care of them. Most cd's that I have look brand new and have not one scratch on them. I have always just kept my cd's in the original jewel case they come in. But was thinking about buying one of the case logic zipper cases that you can slide your cd's in and out of those sleeves. I was reading the label on in and it said that the sleeves use a very soft material that repels dust and keeps cd's from scratching. Obviously I am not going to store every cd I have in those, it would just be for the cd's that I listen to all the time in my car. Would you suggest this for storage purpose or just stick with the jewel cases and cary less with you? Thanks.

Patrick_L

Second Unit
get a deck with mp3 capability and only carry a few cd's with 100-200 songs on each. those big cd holders are asking to be stolen. also if it gets hot where you live, expect the sleeves to get sticky :)

KrisM

Second Unit
I find those wallet things don't scratch much themselves, but if there is any dust in them, you will get some small scratches. I don't think these will harm the playback, but they may not look too great.
I tend to just bring a few discs( 5 or less) and keep them in the storage box between my seats. If I am on a bigger trip, I bring more and keep them in a case that holds the jewel cases. The only time I use a wallet-style case is if I am on a plane trip, which is pretty rare.
The only other advice I can give you is NEVER live the storage case in your vehicle. I had my ripped off when I forgot to bring it in the house one night. It completly sucks when you have 20 of your favorite CDs stolen.

Regards
KrisM

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
It completly sucks when you have 20 of your favorite CDs stolen.
i also had a wallet stolen from me when i worked at cc. i think a bunch of young punks came in the store and took them.

ever since then, i've never left my cd wallets anywhere.

now, i just burn copies and keep the originals safe...

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I burn copies of my CDs and always leave the originals at home. I just keep the copies in one of those Case Logic carrying cases, which I store inside the trunk or underneath the seat whenever I leave my car.

Mark All

Second Unit
I burn copies too. My car has a CD changer, so I store discs in that and also in the console in those slim jewel cases so everything's out of sight. I don't care about the copies, but prefer not to have a window broken by a low-life *&#$!$@ (&^#$% who feels like doing a smash and grab to get a CD case.

Shawn McBride

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for copies. I have ~40 CDR's loose in the covered center console in my car. :rolleyes:I like having a large selection of driving music and not having to care about scratching the CD's.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I keep my car CDs in a sleeve that's attached to the sun visor. It holds a dozen discs.

I also use CDRs, usually of mp3s.

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
I use the Case Logic cases that you are asking about and they are great. When I first started putting my new CD's in this case I was worried that they would get scratched sliding them in and out. After about 3 months I decided to burn copies of all my cd's. I checked several original cd's very carefully for scratches and there aren't any. I just bought three more Case Logic cases for future expansion.

BTW, I am in no way connected with Case Logic.

Nick White

Stunt Coordinator
I found those CaseLogic things to scratch my original CDs. There's a little plastic lip that it the CD would run across, and sometimes it could get run across the zipper at the top of the case.. maybe I wasn't proficient enough in removing my CDs. :D

So now, as soon as I buy a CD I'll rip mp3s to my hard drive and burn a copy to use in my car or in my discman when I'm walking around. It's great because I don't have to worry about them being stolen, and I can loan out the copies without worrying. I would always be hesitant to loan out originals for fear of their oondition upon return, if returned at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks