What's new

What do you people think of the upcoming Harry Potter DVD? (1 Viewer)

Oscar

Second Unit
In my opinion,is going to be (or already is) one of the most dissapoiting DVDs ever, i was expecting documentaries, an audio commentary, videos of auditions of the kids, Talk Show clips, outtakes, deleted scenes (oh that is already there), but unfourtanley studios have been using DVDs as a tool to send video games, and that is what the HP DVD is full, i think that they should do it like the Shrek DVD or The Ultimate Toy Box Set or like many Disney DVDs that they should include on the first disc features for kids and on the second for teens and adults.

Warner Bros. totally ignored the adult audience of Harry Potter, the books are popular, not only because kids buy them, but also adults (with the exception of religious censors, eek!).

Well lets just hope that WB lets Criterion to do a better edition, but let me say you this, i wont buy the HP DVD on May 28th, i will buy A Beautiful Mind or another DVD that i have been wanting to buy, but couldnt.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
This is the wrong section OScar. You need to post this in the software section.

Oscar

Second Unit
P.S., but so far the only good features on the DVD are the interview, deleted scenes and trailers, but we can bet on great audio (Dolby EX) and great video

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I plan on renting it and probably not buying it. For some reason, HP does not appeal to me. I have not read the books or seen the movie yet.

Oscar

Second Unit
Did i mention that WB is planning on release a Pan and Scan version too?, Geez, whats wrong with studios this days?!, I think they should educate the audience about how much they loose when they see a movie in Pan and Scan, and if they think that they crop the movie, that aint true (unless it was shot on the Open Matte format, but what it matters is the right and left side), shame on every studio who supports Pan and Scan:angry: :thumbsdown:

Oscar

Second Unit
I know this is out of topic, but Cool Home Theater Neil!, i plan on doing a special room for it too, but without the projector and projection screen, i dont have much money to buy one of those, and they are very hard to find

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
Oscar, HELL YEAH. Shame on them for supporting Pan and Scan. The studios should put the money they put into making a P&S cut of the movie into making a mini-movie explaining OAR and the evils of P&S. Then play this before movies in the theater where people can see the differences. If a J6P was in the theater and they did a P&S demo on the HUGE screen maybe then they'd understand that P&S is butchery!

On subject, I'm really looking foward to the DVD because I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and am looking foward to seeing it again. However, I hope they put out a new version later with better special features. I'd really like to hear a commentary with JK Rowling (sp?). I'd be fun to hear what she thinks about the theatrical version of her work!

-Marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks