What's new

What do you guys do with leftover pizza? (1 Viewer)

Paul E V

Stunt Coordinator
Depends where the pizza is from,
I've eaten leftover pizza cold & nuked from various places (brands if store-bought) but ..............
I work in an Italian restaurant and our pizza is only good the first time ---- next day nuked or cold, it's nasty
------------------
'Pioneer 'ing a new level of Home Theater
My Equipment List / Copper & Rosewood Flexi idea

brentl

Senior HTF Member
" leftover pizza"
What's that :)
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

Dave L

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with a couple of others here, I love a cold leftover pizza breakfast and always plan ahead to have enough left over for it.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Cold Pizza and 12 oz. frosty on Sat. morning. The breakfast of champions.
patriot.gif

------------------
God Bless America

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I hate cold pizza. I refuse to eat it. I can barely stand reheated pizza, and usually don't eat it, either. I prefer to shove as many pieces into my mouth as possible while it's still hot and fresh from the store, and whatever is leftover goes into the fridge where it is later eaten by my wife and daughter, or (more often) thrown away.
I DO enjoy reheated breadsticks. They are still reasonably tasty after being reheated (depending on the chain and type of breadstick).
My neighbors - they leave their pizza sitting around for weeks. Their fridge broke months ago, so they pick up pizza and beer almost every night. They'll leave pieces on the couch or the floor, then stumble across and eat them the next morning. Odd people.
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Just Eat It
(Eat It)
Eat It
(Eat It)
Pizza's Gettin cold, reheat it.
Have a big dinner, have a light snack
If you don't like it, you can't send it back

biggrin.gif

Those are my sentiments excactly.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Refrig it. But it has to be reheated, when I eat it. However I nuking it is nasty. I have found out that if I put it in the oven for about 10 minutes, it comes out almost as good as fresh.
Clay

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I always order enough so that I have leftovers for the next day. Leftovers go in the fridge still in the box and then I nuke it the next day. My microwave actually has a pizza button on it that does a good job with re-heating pizza. Yummy!! I feel like ordering one now!
yum.gif

I live in a family of firefighters, and the "firehouse" method of reheating pizza is to put it in a cast iron skillet, covered, over low heat. The pizza will come out of the pan like it came out of the box.
My variation (to speed the process along) is to nuke it to get the cheese and toppings heated, and then put it in a covered skillet for a few minutes to get the crust nice and crispy. Works like a charm, and no oven.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
The best kind of cold pizza (although not my favorite hot pizza) is Canadian bacon and pinapple. I don't usually eat the leftover pizza. I leave it for my kids to eat for lunch. But before I had kids...cold, straight from the fridge.
By the way, we have a name for leftovers in my house. It's "srevotfel." (Read it backwards.
tongue.gif
)
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Cold pizza is sheer ambrosia and I always order pizza with ample leftovers in mind. In fact, I just had pizza tonight and will be feasting on cold slices while watching football all weekend.

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
I never throw away leftover pizza!! Pizza is like sex, even when it's bad it's still pretty good
laugh.gif

------------------
Michael Caicedo
Winter Park, FL
- At my signal, unleash hell...

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Leftover pizza? What's that? There is no such thing! Keep eating it 'til it's gone, I say.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Scott

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
"I got up this morning,
I crawled right out of bed.
My back was really achin'
my eyes were cherry red.
It's just the morning after,
don't remember who was here.
I'll eat a slice of cold pizza
and wash it down with warm beer"
Saffire - the Uppity Blues Women

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Well of course reading this thread yesterday I had to order some.. especially with those pizza hut coupons in my mailbox... Tonight for supper, I put a few slices on a plate, put in oven on 325 for 10 minutes and it was actually very good, i'm impressed!!
BTW they were Triple Crown and Canadian.....2 large specialties... came out to $24 tho, that's the only bad thing about ordering pizza delivery...
------------------
McPaul.
ICQ McPaul 121412168
[email protected]
"Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
McPaul is Canadian.

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
Leftovers go in a ziplock bag, and into the fridge. Pizza keeps several days this way, whereas it dries out if stored in the box. If I'm in a rush, I'll eat the leftovers cold. Otherwise, I put it on a nonstick cookie sheet and re-heat it in the oven. The cheese and toppings reheat perfectly, and the crust gets nice and crispy. TF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks