What's new

What do I do with my old speakers? (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
I have an extra set of speakers from my last upgrade and I thought I read something about people hooking them up as the "extra" center channel required in an ES setup. The problem is that I don't have an receiver that will handle an ES setup. Any ideas?
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
either use them as "B" speakers or sell them. they could also double as footrests...
------------------
-Thomas
Click here to visit my webpage.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I don't know the quality of system you now have but I would say to play with them. Try 4 surrounds, or buy an old Prologic receiver at a pawn shop and try EX if your new receiver has Surround pre outs. If 5.1 meant you should only have six speakers all though Cineplex theaters are sure stupid!
Wes

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
try to sell them on ebay, perhaps listing them only regionally so that shipping doesn't become an issue. people do tend to overbid.

Bill Eberhardt

Stunt Coordinator
I am using my old speakers as speaker stands for my new front speakers. The old ones are slightly larger and the perfect height.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks