What's new

What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? (7 Viewers)

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
"Jonah and the Whale"

Written by Shimon Wincelberg
Directed by Sobey Martin
Guest Star: Gia Scala

The Seaview hosts soviet scientists Katya Markhova (a blonde Gia Scala) and her fiancée Alexi to recover the remains of a Russian deep sea lab which was destroyed by migrating whales. Alexi is killed in the first dive (just before the credits), so Admiral Nelson (Richard Basehart) take the diving bell down but are swallowed by a giant whale before they can return to the safety of the sub. Captain Crane (David Hedison) leads a rescue party into the belly of the whale.

The first color episode of Voyage and it's a smash. Easily one of my favorite episodes. A great script, fantasitc effects and rapid fire direction - along with a crazy good score by Jerry Goldsmith make this one of the best and most well remembered episodes of the series.

It seems like every time I post about this series, I get a response or two telling me how lousy the show is. This is a top tier episode and if this one doesn't appeal to you, then this ain't your kinda show. But if you like colorful spectacle that transcended what was visually possible on television before, with good actors, then give this one a go and forget your troubles for 50 minutes.

I laughed when I read the last paragraph.

The season opener “Jonah and the Whale” is a long talky Cold War huit-clos inside the diving bell in which both sides face their beliefs (Nelson recites the Bible) but the story itself consists of two diving accidents: it is redeemed by Jerry Goldsmith’s dark kinetic score. Besides, it’s also a laborious journey into the belly of the whale where the rescue divers stuck their feet. It features tinted in blue footages from the season 1 “The Ghost of Moby Dick”.

JohnHopper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Hopper
Rawhide
Incident Of The Prodigal Son (5.4) Gene Evans, Carl Reindel, Frank Wilcox. They find a young man half baked at a water hole. His attitude gets him off to a bad start with the men except for old horse wrangler Sam Hargis. The kid Ben Whitney is a rich kid but he does his job and develops a relationship with Sam. Sam has issues with Mr. Favor.

Incident Of The Four Horsemen (5.5) Claude Akins, John Dehner, Robert J. Wilke, Ron Hayes, Jena Engstrom, Roberto Contreras, Myron Healey, Edward Faulkner. The herd is caught in a possible range war over land and a woman. Favor needs additional drovers to push the herd out of the area but unknown to him the four men he is able to hire are pushing him into the war and want his herd as well.

Incident Of The Lost Woman (5.6) R. G. Armstrong, Fay Spain, Harry Dean Stanton, Hampton Fancher, Roy Engel. Favor finds a passed out woman and her baby in the wilderness. The lady recovers and tells Favor her husband is dead and she is headed to California. She neglects to tell him the grandfather and uncles of the baby are after the baby.

Incident Of The Dogfaces (5.7) James Whitmore, John Doucette, Steve Brodie, Robert Stevenson, Ford Rainey, William Wellman, Jr. The drovers rescue soldiers under Indian attack. Chief Broken Bow (Rainey) surrounds the herd. Favor finds Sgt. Duclos (Whitmore) was involved with the death of the Chief's son and wife. The Chief takes a settler's (Stevenson) wife and son hostage forcing the Sgt's hand.

My favorite one remains “Incident of The Four Horsemen” but I also have a soft spot for “Incident Of The Dogfaces”.

“Incident of The Four Horsemen”
written by Charles Larson
directed by Thomas Carr
music by Fred Steiner
guests: Claude Akins, John Dehner, Ron Hayes, Jena Engstrom, Robert J. Wilke, James Griffith, Roberto Contreras

It’s an odd love affair in a family of wealthy iron land owner that tackle the theme of war in the line of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. It starts out as Favor and Forrester looking for an extra cowhand at a ranch where they’re compelled to be the witnesses of a wedding that has strong consequences. The episode title makes a veiled reference to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse from The New Testament because of the four men (actors Claude Akins, John Dehner, James Griffith, Roberto Contreras) that Favor hire and are part of a war machine mechanism and act like harbingers of death. This one is creepy and ethereal: the character of John Dehner named Ben Kerran resurrects from the dead after being buried by the outfit of Gil Favor and I wonder if there is a connection to the famous episode of Boris Karloff’s Thriller entitled: “The Premature Burial”. Akins and Dehner play two manipulative mercenaries using the same trick to target a victim and infiltrating the herd of Gil Favor and both actors return from previous seasons—the great John Dehner is particularly spooky in the context of the episode. There is a good ensemble of actors. Composer Fred Steiner is known for his Twilight Zone body of work: see “King Nine Will Not Return”, “A Hundred Yards over the Rim”, “The Passerby”, to name but a few. Ramrod Rowdy Yates is absent and on an errand of hiring extra hands so Jim Quince and Clay Forrester takeover!

It’s recommended for the friends of the unusual and simply those who like good solid drama.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I laughed when I read the last paragraph.

The season opener “Jonah and the Whale” is a long talky Cold War huit-clos inside the diving bell in which both sides face their beliefs (Nelson recites the Bible) but the story itself consists of two diving accidents: it is redeemed by Jerry Goldsmith’s dark kinetic score. Besides, it’s also a laborious journey into the belly of the whale where the rescue divers stuck their feet. It features tinted in blue footages from the season 1 “The Ghost of Moby Dick”.
"Here's one of my favorite episodes!"

"Here's why it sucks!"

I could not disagree more strongly. There is nothing laborious or talky about this episode. I could easily attach those two words to any dozen episodes of the highly regarded first season. This is one of those rare Irwin Allen productions that actually has decent philosophical conversations interspersed with action and jeopardy. The ticking clock adds suspense, and jeopardy piles upon jeopardy in a rational (if not realistic) fashion. None of it is over the top, and all of it is played totally straight.

The performances are all stellar, and in a departure from what you might expect from a TV series filmed at the height of the Cold War, we had a Russian scientist and an American scientist working closely together to achieve the same aims. There was a lovely line of dialogue from the Russian scientist to the American retired Admiral:

"People like us...like you...we should be friends."

There are only a few reused shots of the whale, the rest are all specially done for this episode. Contrary to what many reference materials report, none of the sets from the film Fantastic Voyage were used in this episode. These were all specially constructed.

Naturally, being a product of its time, some of the interior effects of the whale don't quite hold up, and the surfer slang from newcomer Stu Riley does bring a bit of a chuckle.

This episode is filled with tightly paced action broken up by discussion. This is not something you normally see in an Irwin Allen show, especially one geared towards the younger set on Sunday nights.

Rustifer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russ J.
The Rockford Files
1.8 "Find Me If You Can"
1.10 "The Dexter Crisis"
One of the uncredited stars of this series was the 1970's Los Angeles location shots. One could almost consider those as "vintage" now--which makes it even more fascinating to an Angelenophile such as myself.

BTW...congrats, Jeff, on surpassing the 10,000 reaction score to your posts. That must put you in the vaunted echelon of of "like"ables in HTF--and well deserved. Keep penning your great commentaries!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
One of the uncredited stars of this series was the 1970's Los Angeles location shots.

Just as The Streets of San Francisco had 70s San Francisco/Bay Area location shots that were the benchmark of that ABC police procedural.

Rustifer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russ J.
Episode Commentary
Bonanza
"Four Sisters From Boston" (S8E8)

TV Westerns were always fond of themes featuring Eastern folks making the trek to the hinterlands of the West like fish out of water. Unaware of the hardships of pioneer life, proper big city women would show up clad in suffocating bustles, jacket bodices, square necklines and an abundance of flounces, frills and ruffles. But TV has educated us that true "Western" gals had shed all extraneous clothing in favor of butt-hugging Levis, form fitting blouses and preferring commando style over cumbersome underwear. At least that's the way we liked Linda Evans on The Big Valley--perfectly clad for life on a dusty ranch and enticing cowboys behind the saloon after last call.

Sarah Lowell (Vera Miles) and her sisters Gabby (Lyn Edgington), Lorraine (Madeline Mack) and Heather (Melinda Casey), have made the trip to Virginia City from Boston to claim ownership of their deceased Uncle's property before it goes up for auction for delinquent taxes. Sarah quickly establishes herself as a pretty but overly bossy creature that suffers no foolishness. Unfortunately, Sarah confesses to the auctioneer she doesn't have the cash for pay off the property's debt. Unbeknownst to her, Ben Cartwright overhears this and just happens to have enough spare change in his saddlebag to close out the taxes.

1656337137479.png
1656337196941.png
1656337234861.png

Sarah touches a tree for the first time; Ben leads the sisters to a lingerie shop; Catching Little Joe relieving himself

Lurking in the background are a couple of businessmen who want the land for their own purposes, maybe for a Best Western motel or a Dunkin' Donuts franchise. Sarah, by nature a distrustful sort, suspects Ben has ulterior motives in his generosity. After all, he's unmarried and probably hasn't dipped the old cattle prod in the trough for some time. Sarah looks like a pretty good candidate.

Meanwhile, the business guys plot to scare the sisters off the property by setting fire to a bag of cow poop left on the porch. It's an old trick that works particularly well on displaced Boston women. Little Joe rides out to investigate the land to find out why the business guys want it so bad. Sarah suspects Joe of poisoning the well, putting her sister on the edge of death. To defend themselves, she buys a crate of AR-15s, which are legal in Nevada.

In the end, the Cartwright's generosity wins over the sisters, especially when Little Joe texts each of them a pic of him in the shower.

Last edited:

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
July DVD Schedule
Bold dates are the weekend.
Bold shows are ones not watched in at least a year.

1 Leave it to Beaver, Star Trek The Original Series
2 What's New Scooby Doo, Dr. Who Classic (Tom Baker), Wagon Train, Saturday night movie Davy Crockett King of the Wild Frontier
3 Twilight Zone, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
4 The Odd Couple, Hawaii Five-O classic
5 The Joey Bishop Show, Ironside
6 The Patty Duke Show, The Rockford Files
7 Family Matters, The Equalizer
8 The Andy Griffith Show, Star Trek Enterprise
9 The Yogi Bear Show, Border Town, Rawhide, Saturday night movie Kindergarten Cop
10 Gentle Ben, McMillan and Wife
11 The Donna Reed show, The FBI
12 Dharma and Greg, NCIS New Orleans
13 F Troop, JAG
14 The Office, MacGyver classic
15 Gilligan's Island, Star Trek The Next Generation
16 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles classic, Sherlock Holmes (Ronald Howard), The Virginian, Saturday night movie Pillow Talk
17 Decoy, The Love Boat
18 Father Knows Best, Hawaii Five-0 (2010)
19 Fresh Prince of Bel Air, The Waltons
20 The Bob Newhart Show, Rosemary and Thyme (Brit Wednesday)
21 The Big Bang Theory, The Avengers
22 That Girl, Stargate SG1
23 The Flintstones, The Protectors, Bonanza, Saturday night movie Francis The Talking Mule
24 Adam-12, McCloud
25 Gomer Pyle, Perry Mason
26 Growing Pains, Eureka
27 My Three Sons, Vegas (2012) (Single Season show Wednesday)
28 As Time Goes By, The Bionic Woman
29 The Doris Day Show, Star Trek Deep Space Nine
30 Top Cat, Amazing Stories, Maverick, Saturday night movie Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
31 The Third Man, Sliders

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
"Jonah and the Whale"

Written by Shimon Wincelberg
Directed by Sobey Martin
Guest Star: Gia Scala

The Seaview hosts soviet scientists Katya Markhova (a blonde Gia Scala) and her fiancée Alexi to recover the remains of a Russian deep sea lab which was destroyed by migrating whales. Alexi is killed in the first dive (just before the credits), so Admiral Nelson (Richard Basehart) take the diving bell down but are swallowed by a giant whale before they can return to the safety of the sub. Captain Crane (David Hedison) leads a rescue party into the belly of the whale.

The first color episode of Voyage and it's a smash. Easily one of my favorite episodes. A great script, fantasitc effects and rapid fire direction - along with a crazy good score by Jerry Goldsmith make this one of the best and most well remembered episodes of the series.

It seems like every time I post about this series, I get a response or two telling me how lousy the show is. This is a top tier episode and if this one doesn't appeal to you, then this ain't your kinda show. But if you like colorful spectacle that transcended what was visually possible on television before, with good actors, then give this one a go and forget your troubles for 50 minutes.

View attachment 142951 View attachment 142952 View attachment 142953 View attachment 142954 View attachment 142955 View attachment 142956 View attachment 142957 View attachment 142958
View attachment 142959 View attachment 142960 View attachment 142961 View attachment 142962
Scott sweet job with your photo commentary. Great formatting from the blue text to the incorporation of the TV Guide article. Anyone who doesn't go ga-ga over Gia Scala as a blonde is, well, what can I say? Love your enthusiasm for this series. I will certainly squeeze this one in between a few Ozzie & Harriet's. Sounds like a good combo, right?

Last edited:

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
July DVD Schedule
Bold dates are the weekend.
Bold shows are ones not watched in at least a year.
Quite a diverse line-up of shows there, Steve! I'm impressed by your discipline of sticking to a pre-arranged schedule. I've toyed with doing something similar but can't seem to buckle down to such a thing. I'm a slave to my whims, I guess. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on some of those shows next month.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Quite a diverse line-up of shows there, Steve! I'm impressed by your discipline of sticking to a pre-arranged schedule. I've toyed with doing something similar but can't seem to buckle down to such a thing. I'm a slave to my whims, I guess. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on some of those shows next month.
What stops me from doing something similar is the hassle/length of loading a new disc and having to wait for all the forced warnings/previews/etc. on some discs. Those from CBS are the worst as they typically don't feature any kind of resume feature. Plus... I'm kind of lazy. Once I load a disc in the player I'll normally play it through before switching to a different series.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
It started out as way to watch more of the shows I had sitting on the shelf but has turned out to be a lot of fun. The number of DVD episodes I watch per week has probably tripled. One thing I've found is the longer I go w/o watching a certain show the more enjoyable it is when I finally do. I'd recommend that everyone try it for at least a month or two and see how you like it.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
What stops me from doing something similar is the hassle/length of loading a new disc and having to wait for all the forced warnings/previews/etc. on some discs. Those from CBS are the worst as they typically don't feature any kind of resume feature.

What stops me from doing it is something similar-- the DVD player portion of the TV/DVD player combo in my father's room has no resume feature whatsoever, so I have to risk screen burn or missing out on a portion of what I'm seeing if I'm called away for something; this is because, when I either turn it off or go to another input, the disc has to restart all over again, and it's quite the hassle.

morasp

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Last week's shows, bold episodes were especially good.

Monday
The Bob Newhart Show Season 2 Episode 14 T.S. Elliot
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528417/?ref_=ttep_ep14

Hawaii Five-0 Season 2 Episode 4 Mea Makamae
my favorite remake of a classic show.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2009995/?ref_=ttep_ep4

Tuesday
The Big Bang Theory Season 2 Episode 8 The Lizard-Spock Expansion

NCIS Season 1 Episode 18 UnSEALed

Wednesday
Laverne and Shirley Season 2 Episode 11 Guilty Until Not Proven Innocent
Simple story with outstanding execution
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074016/episodes?season=2

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Season 1 Episode 3 Vegas in Space

Thursday
Seinfeld Season 4 Episode 7 The Bubble Boy

Secret Agent Season 1 Episode 21 The Mirror's New Drake is exactly how I would picture a cold war spy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0553850/?ref_=ttep_ep21

Friday

The Munsters Season 1 Episode 7 The Tin Can Man

Star Trek Voyager Season 2 Episode 23 The Thaw Thought provoking albeit a little disturbing episode about facing your fear
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708990/?ref_=ttep_ep23
Saturday
Honey West Season 1 Episode 7 The Princess and the Paupers

Bonanza See Below

Sunday
Adam-12 Season 3 Episode 1 Log 174: Loan Sharks
always enjoy this show but this one was above average
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505319/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Promised Land Season 1 Episode 13 Independence Day

Last week's favorite episode
Bonanza Season 3 Episode 22 The Jackknife
The always stoic Adam Cartwright is featured in this standout episode with brief appearances by Ben and Hoss. It starts out with Adam riding the high country looking for strays when he sees Matthew Grant lying motionless on the ground. After taking him to his ranch and a quick assessment of his state of affairs Adam volunteers to help out until he recovers from rib injuries. There's plenty of machismo in this one with Adam getting to show off his gun handling prowess and later on his meddle is tested when he squares off against two cattle rustlers. Family values and doing the right thing are the main themes of this episode however with an emphasis on the father son relationship which gets pushed to the limit when Matthew's son Jody loses faith in his father and walks away. All ends well though which I appreciated, some of the more "Realistic" westerns probably wouldn't have turned out quite as well.

I've mentioned it before, the Bonanza box sets are quite nice with extremely good picture quality and lots of extras. I'm very glad to have them in my collection. My wife sometimes watches this show with me but she said she had seen this one recently on MeTV. I told her that she got to see part of it after they cut 15-20% out for commercials.

1656439440933.png

1656439472535.png

1656439511341.png

Last edited:

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
Last week's shows, bold episodes were especially good.

Monday
The Bob Newhart Show Season 2 Episode 14 T.S. Elliot
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0528417/?ref_=ttep_ep14

Hawaii Five-0 Season 2 Episode 4 Mea Makamae
my favorite remake of a classic show.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2009995/?ref_=ttep_ep4

Tuesday
The Big Bang Theory Season 2 Episode 8 The Lizard-Spock Expansion

NCIS Season 1 Episode 18 UnSEALed

Wednesday
Laverne and Shirley Season 2 Episode 11 Guilty Until Not Proven Innocent
Simple story with outstanding execution
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074016/episodes?season=2

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Season 1 Episode 3 Vegas in Space

Thursday
Seinfeld Season 4 Episode 7 The Bubble Boy

Secret Agent Season 1 Episode 21 The Mirror's New Drake is exactly how I would picture a cold war spy
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0553850/?ref_=ttep_ep21

Friday

The Munsters Season 1 Episode 7 The Tin Can Man

Star Trek Voyager Season 2 Episode 23 The Thaw Thought provoking albeit a little disturbing episode about facing your fear
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708990/?ref_=ttep_ep23
Saturday
Honey West Season 1 Episode 7 The Princess and the Paupers

Bonanza See Below

Sunday
Adam-12 Season 3 Episode 1 Log 174: Loan Sharks
always enjoy this show but this one was above average
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0505319/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Promised Land Season 1 Episode 13 Independence Day

Last week's favorite episode
Bonanza Season 3 Episode 22 The Jackknife
The always stoic Adam Cartwright is featured in this standout episode with brief appearances by Ben and Hoss. It starts out with Adam riding the high country looking for strays when he sees Matthew Grant lying motionless on the ground. After taking him to his ranch and a quick assessment of his state of affairs Adam volunteers to help out until he recovers from rib injuries. There's plenty of machismo in this one with Adam getting to show off his gun handling prowess and later on his meddle is tested when he squares off against two cattle rustlers. Family values and doing the right thing are the main themes of this episode however with an emphasis on the father son relationship which gets pushed to the limit when Matthew's son Jody loses faith in his father and walks away. All ends well though which I appreciated, some of the more "Realistic" westerns probably wouldn't have turned out quite as well.

I've mentioned it before, the Bonanza box sets are quite nice with extremely good picture quality and lots of extras. I'm very glad to have them in my collection. My wife sometimes watches this show with me but she said she had seen this one recently on MeTV. I told her that she saw got to see part of it after they cut 15-20% out for commercials.

View attachment 143048

View attachment 143049

View attachment 143050
I have the first 3 seasons of Bonanza on DVD 100 Episodes. I wish they release some on Bluray !! :confused:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Have advanced to the second go on Hogan's Heroes (1966-67); received new player today, and it works fine (the time display, however, does not count a total continuous episode timer, but rather by chapter; even so, that will help alleviate boredom due to never knowing when a chapter will end, as with Mill Creek all-in-one releases like Miami Vice and Charlie's Angels).

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Star Trek
"The Doomsday Machine"
Season 2 Episode 6
Written by Norman Spinrad
Directed by Marc Daniels

Guest Starring William Windom

After finding a entire solar system reduced to floating rubble, the USS Enterprise comes across the wrecked sister ship the USS Constellation. Captain Kirk (William Shatner) beams over with a boarding party to find the ships commander Commodore Matt Decker (William Windom) the only one on board. He tells of a giant planet killing machine which uses a massive beam to destroy planets and use the debris as fuel. Decker had transported his crew to one of the planets in the system as the Constellation lost power only to watch helplessly while the planet killer destroyed the planet with the crew on the surface. He goes back to the Enterprise while Kirk stays to et the wracked ship ready to be towed back to a starbase when the planet killer returns. Now Kirk is trapped on the low power Constellation while Decker takes command of the Enterprise, obsessed with destroying the planet killer - no matter the cost.

Incredibly entertaining action episode, a space Moby Dick tale long before Star Trek ran that concept into the ground in the movies. This is my favorite episode of the original series, in fact it my favorite Star Trek story franchise wide. It's a wonderful action piece that moves like a shot and never slows down once the planet killer emerges.

The Sol Kaplan score is blistering and inventive, with new themes given to the Constellation, the Enterprise, the planet killer... even the transporter gets a theme! There's no small similarity between this and John Williams' score to Jaws.

William Windom gives a wonderfully theatrical performance and comes across as a tragic figure. His exchanges with Spock (Leonard Nimoy) are gold.

The effects haven't aged well, but to me they're perfect (I only watch the original version). Yeah, you can see through the planet killer and the use of a store bought AMT model for use as the battered Constellation was always obvious. But it all does the job, especially in the climax as the cliffhanging countdown increases in dramatic intensity.

And regardless of how it's reported the planet killer is a "windsock dipped in cement," it's obviously a proper model and based not on a windsock but - appropriately - a sperm whale.

Since this is my favorite, I am gonna go a little nuts with the shots. #sorrynotsorry.

20220628-220224.JPG
20220628-220239.JPG
20220628-220350.JPG
20220628-220404.JPG
20220628-220432.JPG
20220628-220445.JPG
20220628-220452.JPG
20220628-220512.JPG
20220628-220519.JPG
20220628-220529.JPG
20220628-220601.JPG
20220628-220645.JPG
20220628-220655.JPG
20220628-220804.JPG
20220628-221012.JPG
20220628-221018.JPG
20220628-221254.JPG
20220628-221321.JPG
20220628-221330.JPG
20220628-221434.JPG

Rustifer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russ J.
Episode Commentary
Leave It To Beaver
"The Boat Builders" (S2E18)

Ignoring parents' warnings against doing something stupid is one of the joys of growing up. While running with scissors may be dangerous, we kids thought it should be an Olympic sport. So many actions could "put your eye out". We say, bring it on! Jumping off the roof into a sandbox could break your leg. "Awright! I can miss school for weeks!" Thus did work our Errol Flynn tendencies to do bravely stupid stuff. I once snuck out at 2:00 a.m. to help my buddies paint a giant picture of Charlie Brown on a street nearby. Being the resident neighborhood artist, I was quickly fingered as the culprit. I caught hell for it, but not as much as I would have if I'd painted what my friends really wanted...

Wally (Tony Dow) and his buddies are inspired to build a kayak after seeing a movie feature of Eskimos constructing such crafts. Since Marvel Super Hero movies hadn't yet been invented, this passed for bombastic adventure of the most stimulating sort. Busting up a barrel for its staves serves as the infrastructure of the boys' kayak. Upon seeing this, Ward (Hugh Beaumont) explains to Wally that their efforts would most likely lead to an floatless piece of sh*t, and to never never try and launch it into any body of water. Promptly ignoring his advice, Wally and friends plan to try out the boat on Millers Pond. When June (Barbara Billingsley) notices the boys and boat have gone missing, she nearly collapses in the vapors of consternation. Ward assures her that Wally probably just moved the contraption to a neighbor's garage. It takes a double vodka and handful of Xanax to calm down June.

1656595000855.png
1656595031676.png
1656595098676.png

Only the finest materials are used; Capt. Beaver sets sail; Bacterial Pneumonia quickly begins to set in

Once at the pond, the boys discover that only Beaver is the right size to fit into the tiny Titanic. As expected, the boat flips over, tossing Beaver into the 8" depth pond. It's now incumbent to sneak Beaver into the house and into dry clothes before being caught. This plan has about as much chance of success as a 747 landing in Times Square. Despite all attempts at misdirection, the boys' plot is discovered when Beaver takes an uncharacteristic bath in the middle of the day to rid himself of pond scum odor.

The Moral: When man plans, God laughs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    foster2292
    Recent bookmarks